Camera Mobile As Webcam?

• Thread starter Thread starter ashwinsid
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 35,995

ashwinsid

ISP
DataOne
Can we use a Sony Ericsson Mobile Phone (in my case a K550i) as a webcam? So that i can use the phone while chatting on gtalk or yahoo messenger? Is it possible with the data cable provided along with the phone, to use it as a webcam?

Can we use a Sony Ericsson Mobile Phone (in my case a K550i) as a webcam? So that i can use the phone while chatting on gtalk or yahoo messenger? Is it possible with the data cable provided along with the phone, to use it as a webcam?

don't make multiple threads for the same thing.... you will be banned before you know it

Stop cross posting! And this is the wrong place anyways...

Well I have used a symbian based (Nokia 6630) phone as webcam for my PC. There is a s/w called mobiola i think for that. I am not sure of non symbian fones though.

yes mobiola would work with n73.i too have no idea about non symbian phones or digi cams.

Yes, a digicam can be used as a webcam. In windows, you would need something called Dvdriver. Google for it and you'll find it.

I AM TALKING ABOUT A MOBILE PHONE CAMERA AND NOT A DIGICAM.

I do not have a camera cellphone. Anyway as the question was interesting, did a google search for possible. answers. "cellphone camera as webcam"Some models it is possible. In brief, if you can transfer your pictures/video to your PC/webcam option possible. Some additional software may be required. . I quit now !Let others take over !Update 2145 : I find enough response/s in the other forum . Mobile phones etc.

u can use it through mobiola webcam if its a Nokia symbian phone,the speed over bluetooth is not that great atleast for meat low resolution,u can use it very wellfor Sony ericson i think there in no such provision,few of cybershot camera canbe used i guess,but i dont think sony provided with mobile this features