twitter.com/svknet
ISP
Jio Fiber, Airtel 5G
9145851390 - 12/04/2012 - 12:07
9145116038 - 10/04/2012 - 16:44
9145969407 - 09/04/2012 - 12:26
9145676787 - 07/04/2012 - 15:36
9145647335 - 06/04/2012 - 12:23

My Vodafone mobile number is registered for National DND registry. And same number is registered at HDFC bank for my account.
I keep getting calls from some lady for Personal Loans and Credit cards from above numbers.

I called 1909 to register complaint, but Vodafone CC told that problem is from Bank (HDFC) side, and I need to contact Bank to stop receiving this calls. I have registered complaint online at Bank. Lets see what action they take.

I request everybody to update above numbers (MTS Maharashtra Circle) as Spam numbers.

What is also surprising is that they are calling from a non 14** series number. Telemarketing is supposed to be done using that series only. But these banks hope that being a customer you would "ignore" reporting them . Also sometimes they try to start the call by pretending to be a service message or giving some updates about the account. It used to be from a familiar series & I started ignoring the numbers & they stopped.

They have also been calling me up regularly, sometimes even upto 4-5 times a week to sign up for their credit card, I have tried polite refusals, disconnecting after saying I am not interested, even shouting at the girl on the other end of the line, but to no avail 🙁

Similar problem with me. I get an average of 4 calls from HDFC bank even though am in DND. I end up picking so many calls in roaming too 🙁I didnt keep track of number series though...

As you can see I got 5 calls in 7 days. I almost realize that it would be HDFC call when I see 9145 number 🙂I tried all things like shouting, politely refusing, but still I continue getting calls.Though I have record of these 5 calls, I may have got 5 more calls earlier which I don't have record.

It Seems HDFC users are facing this problem. i don't have a a/c with HDFC and it has been 2 yrs since i last got a Credit Card Spam call.

Yeah.. I guess they are mostly calling up their Bank "customers" to see if they can get more credit card business. I also have got calls for recommending family members/relatives/friends to open accounts there

These HDFC agents have developed some special liking towards my number I guess. I am still getting calls from them from above mentioned numbers.
I did write mail to their greviances dept. Loan dept CC called me and informed that they have not authorised any agency to call for loans, even though I get calls from mentioned numbers.
Credit Card dept CC mailed me that it will take 45 days after I sent them email to put my number in "Do Not Call" list. I will wait till August first week to see what happens, But as of now I am getting calls from mentioned numbers.
I did had long converstion with a girl from 1 of these numbers. I asked her to tell name of agency which she was calling. She said that she cant give Agency name, as she dont want to risk her job, and she is just a college student who is given mobile and list of numbers, to which she calls.
After I didnt pick call from 9145696883, I got sms from that number on same day asking me to call number 8983766516 for Personal Loans from HDFC 🙂

Note: All these numbers I have purposefully mentioned to make everybody aware that these numbers as Spam calls numbers, and avoid this numbers.

some phones have the ability to block numbers (HTC Sense offers it).i wish this becomes a feature of all phones... block calls and texts from user specified numbers.

I see a lot of issues here. Telemarketing numbers are expected to start with 14xx series, that is non-compliant. Have you registered for do not call registry, then again you should not get a call.Tip : If you never intend to get a loan, give a dummy name, say you are a student in college, if you are lucky, they will mark the number as not to call, and you may not get any further call.

Ok. I had already emailed them about these numbers. I will give try with twitter as well.

some phones have the ability to block numbers (HTC Sense offers it).

i wish this becomes a feature of all phones... block calls and texts from user specified numbers.

I have installed Call Blocking app on my mobile for Nokia N95. My Omnia W (WP7.5) has Call blocking feature by default. Both these phone work perfectly for blocking incoming calls for numbers which I enter 🙂
I have added numbers which I mentioned for call blocking. but they have so many different mobile numbers, that still call reaches me 🙁

I see a lot of issues here. Telemarketing numbers are expected to start with 14xx series, that is non-compliant. Have you registered for do not call registry, then again you should not get a call.

Tip : If you never intend to get a loan, give a dummy name, say you are a student in college, if you are lucky, they will mark the number as not to call, and you may not get any further call.

I tried that as well, yet I get call after few days again 🙁

Is there any strict action which I can take which will teach a permanent lesson to these agents?

As mentioned in this thread https://broadband.forum/national-customer-call-preference-registry/72848-file-complaint-spam-sms-call/22/ I tried to lodge a complaint with Vodafone.

Format is slight different with Vodafone (which I got right after few attempts), it is "COMP TEL NO XXXXXXXXXX;DD/MM/YY;HH:MM; Short description of complaint". Note that no spaces used between mobile number, time and date. Time in 24 hour format, and date with 2 digits for year.

I got sms each time I sent message for complaint, saying it has registered my complaint and it would resolve in some 7 days.
Then I got call from Vodafone CC saying that I would not receive any sms for marketing. I told him that I anyways dont get any such sms, problem is I get calls from some mobile numbers for Credit Cards and Loans.
To this his reply was SHOCKING! He said install some app on mobile and block those numbers!
I said Thank You very much, I am already doing this, and hung up.

This is 2nd time Vodafone CC told me that they cant help, So I guess Vodafone/Mobile Operator can't help in these matter 🙁