Caller Id Enabled Modem for BSNL Telephone Line

• Thread starter Thread starter bearded
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 64,398
Actually whether u get CID or not depends on the chip on the modem. Brands like US robotics, GVC multitech etc are geared for the FSK interface and will not detect CID on BSNL or MTNL lines coz they use DTMF format. Only way to use these brands is to use FSK to DTMF convertor.

Fact that u are able to receive callerID is not only due to the software but also coz ur modem hardware is supporting Indian CID signals

Thanks for the Info though, we were looking for a cheap brand which would work on our telephone lines.

Hi there,I never said that its just because of my software or vb code. Actually it is because of the chipset on my modem. BUT the thing is many of us are able to see the number being recieved in the hyper terminal but then this number doesnt shows up in any other software. And this is becausethe waythese s/w's are configured.. they only detect this information if they see the following string in the modem output : "NMBR", "NAME", "TIME, "DATE" i dont know if anything else is relayed by the telephone companies... In India specifically in MTNL no such strings are released only the number is sent..that all.. so these software's display messages like"No Number Available" or "UNKNOWN".There is one thing that iam still interested to know if any one knows about it... the NUMBER information comes between the first and the second ring only.. Is there a way or harware to alternate this behaviour... May be the first ring just doesnt ring on my phones and thus i get the Number before anything else..If any one knows anything regarding this, let me know by mail or here in the board.Thanks and Cheers,Amit

I dont think there is any way to do that at the consumer level. The info is coming in a particular way coz the exchange is sending it that way, i cant think of any way to alter this behaviour other than a change of equipment at the exchange.and yes indian telco's only give the telephone no..no date/time/name etc

Res.All, Such a modem is not available,but one can use soundcard to catch the caller ID. Such a program is http:\\callerid.brinkster.net ThanksKeval

i got a dtmf to fsk converter for 300rs, (seller calls it caller id converter) and my modem now shows the calling numbers. most products look like a splitter but it is the converter and its working fine.

Dear Rajesh

Do you know of any phone which is 3 in one sort ie. it works as a cordless when it is used with in the house range and as a VOIP phone ( Now a days this two are easily available. The third is once it goes out of the cordless zone it is cell phone. Sagem of France had it their range but now it is not available. It had caller ID facility etc.

Hi Rajesh,

I'm using Conexant PCI SoftV92 Modem...BSNL Line connected with that...Caller Id was enabled with my connection..I used AT commands to check for the Caller Id display....When i used the command AT+VCID=1 in Hyper Terminal of my PC...I'm getting OK response but when i get incoming call..its not showing the number....I've posted in many Forums....i came to knew that in India the calls are coming as DTMF...and the caller id in India is working by converting DTMF to FSK format...There is an converter used to do this DTMF to FSK Conversion from your post...tried with that also....but i'm not getting Positive Result.( I tried with ADSL Splitter).Can u give me any other idea that will help me to get the result...

i got a dtmf to fsk converter for 300rs, (seller calls it caller id converter) and my modem now shows the calling numbers. most products look like a splitter but it is the converter and its working fine.

Dear Rajesh,
Can you please tell me from where you have purchased the device?

hi mr.rajesh, i have a modem that supports only bellcore fsk. so i recently got a EX710 which is a universal callerid converter to convert my bsnl line from dtmf to fsk. but still my modem doesn't detect the callerid. i am using minicom program to issue modem commands. i usedatzat+fclass=8at+vcid=1When I rang the bsnl number, it only detects the ring events and doesn't show the caller id. please suggest me what am i doing wrong.

Hi Guys,
Does any of you finally able to find the ideal hardware and software that detects the Indian caller id information.
Please post something that will be of GREAT help to me.
Thanks