Call Spoofing

• Thread starter Thread starter kuldeep
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 12,426

kuldeep

Regular
Hi guys, I was watching news today where i saw that guys making calls from PC to mobile withsome one else's caller ID. That means you can call any number pretending to be calling from any damm number. i donno whether calls made were free or not ? it was on some hindi news channel.if anyone know abt it please tell me how is it done. he was using some softwares for that. probably something to do with VOIP. i donno..he proved it on the TV. i could not see the whole news coz i had to go.can someone put more light on it.

have it on my iPhone, SpoofIndia is the name of the app, available on cydia

ya whats your number. ill call you from 1234567890 or 000000000.

To be honest, I have it on my iPhone and am unaware of it being avaiolable on any other cellphone or form of digital media.

hey, I just realized this thread was started 3 years ago...LONG

I think is a simple number masking.. where in when you make a call, your phone sends out its number and the iPhone software will replace that number with anything else... quite simple in theory.. except this is done at the user end and not that the telecom switch (in case of private numbers)

Hey can u tell me from where did u get this software and waht are the charges
Yes It is available via cydia on the iPhone. You are charged ISD @ Rs.7/min
I think is a simple number masking.. where in when you make a call, your phone sends out its number and the iphone software will replace that number with anything else... quite simple in theory.. except this is done at the user end and not that the telecom switch (in case of private numbers)
Well the call is routd through an international server which changes the number.