Calcutta Telephones Woes

RbS

ISP
BSNL
If someone wants to know what shoddy BSNL service is, one should get a connection from Calcutta Telephones. My phone with a BB plan for which I pay Rs.3000+ per month, goes out of order every now and then.
With a little rain, the connection snaps. That is due to the way the distribution box is maintained - no cover, all the connections exposed to rain water getting frequently rusted and consequently losing connectivity.
If you have the bad luck of having a dead phone just before a holiday, you can be very sure of getting an opportunity of testing your patience until the holiday season is over. For example, my telephone went silent on 5th July in the evening, and I shall be a fool to expect to be happy before 8th. Senior officials, in stead of trying to improve the situation, are known to advise complainants to "get used to living in Kolkata".

Assuming you have tried complaining to the local authorities, give a try to PGPortal. Ask them to cover the local equipment properly so that it does not get damaged due to weather. Might work.

Actually its exactly the same thing that i have been going through for the past 2-3 weeks. And the only difference is that senior officials say " we don't have the manpower to rectify problems so it will take time "

There is nothing much we can do. BSNL has some good points, and those above come to balance it 😛

Your service looks like better than BSNL. In my area if my telephone dead then BSNL think 7 days is 0 days for them. If a good officer is there and try to send technicians immediately, LOL BSNL technicians even ignore their officers also.