• Thread starter Thread starter Smile
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,276

Smile

Entertainment
ISP
DSL
Cable television operators owing allegiance to Cable Operators’ Guild here have cut down the monthly cable TV subscription fee to Rs. 125 with effect from October.“With competition hotting up in the industry through direct-to-home (DTH) services, we have decided to reduce our profit to keep afloat in the business,” guild president A. Pandi said.Over 100 operators, who get cable TV signal from the Sumangali Cable Vision (SCV), decided on the issue at a meeting here on Wednesday. “We will give almost all the popular channels, including the Sun bouquet, Star Movie package, Sony package and Sports channels,” he said.The operators have been charging Rs. 100 to Rs. 180 in different localities. “We want to make it uniform among the operators with the SCV,” he said.“The biggest threat we face is from the DTH. Some of our operators are losing 10 to 15 subscribers a month to the DTH service,” said Mr. Pandi. After the launch of Big TV, a DTH from the Reliance Anil Dirubai Ambani group, other DTH service providers had made their services more attractive. The reduction of monthly subscription would arrest subscribers’ exodus from cable TV operators, he hoped.Stating that the Arasu Cable TV Corporation was yet to take off in the city, Mr. Pandi said that the guild welcomed the Government venture into the cable TV service. However, he said that the operators wanted the Corporation to get signals of all the popular channels to make it popular. The guild also sought business security for long-time cable TV operators.

The competition for Cable operator is too much, I stay in a Place called Kalyan in Maharashtra, till July of 2008, my cable operator used to charge Rs 250/- per Month, After July 2008,he reduced it to 150 to attract losing Customer Now he has got the amount to Rs 100/- Effective October 2008 after launch of Reliance DTH Maharshtra has a huge population of South India Especially Tamil & Mallus, and once SunDTH launches in Maharashtra, Cable Operator Survival will become difficult

i sure agree with you, it's not only because of the price. i would have opted out of from the local cable service because of their non-reliability of service & goonda giri that i hate the most....

i stay in bangalore, my local cable charges are Rs.150 /- pm. if you buy some kind of STB from them we get around 150 channels but would have a lot of issues with last mile connectivity.My house is in one of the corners of my cable wallah's region, or should i stay it's infact the last house, the other side of my road is managed by a different operator - you know these local cable wallah's have boundaries 😗

i stay in bangalore, my local cable charges are Rs.150 /- pm. if you buy some kind of STB from them we get around 150 channels but would have a lot of issues with last mile connectivity.
My house is in one of the corners of my cable wallah's region, or should i stay it's infact the last house, the other side of my road is managed by a different operator - you know these local cable wallah's have boundaries 😗

My cable wallah used to charge me 200/ per month.... in the month of july i gave him an advance of 450 for 3 months .. but ia m not getting all th channels that i and my family need.. so he gave me an option of installing the Set Top Box for a security of Rs 500/ charges of cable remain the same.. Rs 150... now i get more than 150 channels... I hope u can apply some of sort of strategy with your cable wallah... to either get more channels for the same subscription or tell him to reduce the charges......I now get a brand new Remote with the DVB set top box for a mere rs 500...