Cable Maintenance Charge

• Thread starter Thread starter ashman007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 10,244
I used to get charged Rs. 200 as maintenance earlier this year.

So what happened? They stopped charging? You stopped paying?

not pay up & then do what?no other service provider to choose.......except in2cable & mtnlcannot use in2cable 'coz it's very poor service& mtnl has no unltd plans

hmmm... But its strange.. Y the hell pay money fr cable... What maintainance do they provide.But.. kya kare...

competition sucks in this country! No competition at all 🙁

I paid 300 for installation, and nothing else after that (except the renewal charges of course). A guy from Sifys office (so says the receipt) in Vile Parle comes to my home in Navi Mumbai every month to collect the renewal fees, no charges extra. I don't even have to renew manually. They do it automatically on the last day of a pack 🙂 I like their service here. The strangest thing is, I was on Iqara until November, and they drew the power for their boxes from my house. Then when I shifted to Sify, they struck a deal with Iqara, and they share that same power supply. Usually that would piss me off and I'd pluck out the cable, but they've been kind enough (unintentionally or otherwise) to see that my monthly power bill doesnt exceed 20 rupees pm 😉 . So if you look at it, I'm getting the connection for free. Hope it stays this way. If I get a huge power bill next month, off comes the power cable to their boxes !

one sec dude.. you have confused me. Firstly you getting free net from Iqara or Sify?Secondly you using iqara or sify currently?

sify people gives one week free package every month to those who provide power to their switches placed on top of building ( only in some places ) 😉yeh dont pay maintenance charge and if he disconnects ur wire then go to ur terrace take all the switches and sell it in half rates 😛

yeah but the free package is not unlimited na,... its 50MB free 7 days package.I worked out on diff scheme with my cable operator for swiches. And as mentioned abv what cable maintainance charge.. i never paid it in my life! 😛

Originally posted by rachit_1804@Dec 2 2005, 12:08 AM
then i think i am paying the highest
i have 64 kbps unltd
i pay 550 (400 + 150)
his service is no doubt excellent, can say there is no down time
but indeed the maintenance charge is very high
by the way, i stay in mumbai
[snapback]33821[/snapback]
[/quote]

i pay 600 for 64 kbps monthly package
and now i think its time to take charge on him
as i didn't knew abt this 🤔

Even i pay Rs 600/ for a 64kbps sify plan. earlier used to pay 600 for 32kbps pacenet but that was truely unlimited.