• Thread starter Thread starter socrates
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 12,155

socrates

I got banned!
ISP
Jio Fiber. FTTH
Gave up on my Triband a/c after using it from 2005. On 29th Aug the day of the deluge most lines in my area went dead but the broadband limped on for a few days at 500 kbps then gave up its ghost. Logged a complaint to customer care on 30th (or is it care-less) as well as on twitter but got no response. When I posted on twitter that I have cancelled my connection their social media team suddenly woke (or is it took time off from posting praise about themselves thru fake a/c's) up with their template response reply. On the day I went to the exchange to submit my letter to cancel my Triband connection, I met the SDE & linesmen for my area who said over 200 lines are dead & it would take MANY DAYS :noexpression: to rectify it. From my conversation with them one wonders if they are so broke that they cannot even rectify line faults now

So..... whats next....

lol, I love that you named this catastrophe. Someone should write about it on MTNL's wikipedia page: Day Of The Deluge. Hehe.

But, yeah it's so annoying to see some companies self praising on social media every 20 minutes but can't be bothered to respond to customer concerns. I signed up for Twitter just so I can openly call them out. Some companies are really good at responding.

I only wish I had millions of followers, that way these punks are sure to see my queries. There should be a Twitter account dedicated to just openly shaming shoddy organizations for their incompetence and everyone should tweet to that account.

I've been trying to reprint my company's PAN card but those retards at NSDL can't figure out where they've put my Certificate Of Incorporation. I've already mailed it to them twice. Too bad they don't have Twitter. I tweeted to the Income Tax Dept.s account but I've been ignored so far.

I opted for Jiofi as I knew it gives about 43-45 Mbps & occasionally going down to 10-12 Mbps. So far so good. Its only a question of time before Jio Fiber comes to my society as their FOC runs on the road next to my colony. Just now I get an sms which says "BB Account (2XXXXXXX) is Deactivated due to Nonpayment or SafeCustody. Call 1504 or 1130, if payment is already done. MTNL Mumbai." God only knows what these guys are trying to convey maybe they don't have a template which "says as requested by customer" If they have screwed up I will send the application request & other details to the ED. I guess this is how babus create work for themselves & the citizenry. And they call themselves a “Total Telecom Co.” “Totally Confused Co.” is a better fit 😡

Last edited:
Today I got a call my one of my neighbours who had also gave an application to get his 'Broadband' deactivated. He too received the same crappy sms. He told me that they were even unwilling to accept his application saying "You have not paid your bill" inspite of telling them he has ecs for bill payment. More proof how babus harass people with specious 'reasons'

Last edited:
This is a common problem..... What they are referring to is the bill of current month (the month in which connection was surrendered) and mostly the bill is generated next month.... so you have to wait for the next billing cycle.... as & when bill generated..... make payment..... say goodbye to MTNL...

Best is to do stagewise.. .1st get internet disconnected and landline plan changed to minimum.

Then cancel landline.

I only asked for 'Broadband' disconnection only & since it was a combo plan I specifically asked that the voice plan should be plan 180. Inspite of this they cant seem to understand simple english. It also shows their IGNORANCE of their own company's systems

Actually at my uncle's place... instead of getting broadband disconnected, I got "broadband" surrendered (you can surrender for 1 year)

Surrendering means you dont have to pay monthly broadband charges and you can get it activated again any time without paying for installation charges.

After 1 year if you do not get it reactivated - it gets cancelled automatically.

I only asked for 'Broadband' disconnection only & since it was a combo plan I specifically asked that the voice plan should be plan 180. Inspite of this they cant seem to understand simple english. It also shows their IGNORANCE of their own company's systems
In that case it is just simple change of plan..... broadband or no broadband, does not make any differnce..... You can do it online without interacting with any MTNL staff......

MTNL Delhi - Customer SelfCare Portal : Online Book Landline, Broadband and other services

But still If you intend to keep Landline only for incoming calls... TriB 95 COMBO PLAN is very good..... with monthly charges of Rs.95 + GST... 5 Gb data per month.... no free calls.... pulse @1Rs..... I think it is better than Plan180.

Actually at my uncle's place... instead of getting broadband disconnected, I got "broadband" surrendered (you can surrender for 1 year)

Surrendering means you dont have to pay monthly broadband charges and you can get it activated again any time without paying for installation charges.

After 1 year if you do not get it reactivated - it gets cancelled automatically.

I used the word "Discontinue" which should normally mean disconnect but with these guys one never knows. Will have to call them up from a different location as lines in my area are dead as a dodo from 29th Aug

For a minimum of how long can broadband be surrounded? I mean can it be surrendered for 3months or has to minimum 1 year?

Gave up on my Triband a/c after using it from 2005. On 29th Aug the day of the deluge most lines in my area went dead but the broadband limped on for a few days at 500 kbps then gave up its ghost. Logged a complaint to customer care on 30th (or is it care-less) as well as on twitter but got no response. When I posted on twitter that I have cancelled my connection their social media team suddenly woke (or is it took time off from posting praise about themselves thru fake a/c's) up with their template response reply. On the day I went to the exchange to submit my letter to cancel my Triband connection, I met the SDE & linesmen for my area who said over 200 lines are dead & it would take MANY DAYS :noexpression: to rectify it. From my conversation with them one wonders if they are so broke that they cannot even rectify line faults now
Sorry to hear that. One thing I tell everyone who uses MTNL Triband, if you have a good stable connection your internet is golden if not then try to get it fixed which could take a few weeks to a month. If it isn't happening in a month just give up there is nothing you can do if your exchange is not willing to work out the line problem. No matter how many patches they do if they aren't willing to sort your line properly there is nothing that can give you good internet.

1 year is maximum. Minimum I dont know. May be call 1500?

Sorry to hear that. One thing I tell everyone who uses MTNL Triband, if you have a good stable connection your internet is golden if not then try to get it fixed which could take a few weeks to a month. If it isn't happening in a month just give up there is nothing you can do if your exchange is not willing to work out the line problem. No matter how many patches they do if they aren't willing to sort your line properly there is nothing that can give you good internet.

They used to be tolerable in the past & I could get my work done when I had problems but since 29 Aug our phone lines are dead (still dead as I write this) and when I see my neighbors getting better speeds I decided to jump ship. Actually I am waiting for Jio Fiber to start in my area (they have put a foc on the footpath next to my colony but when I asked Jio they told me that its not anytime soon.