MTNL Mumbai Bye Bye MTNL Triband

• Thread starter Thread starter socrates
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 12,173
In my case my line does not support more than 6Mbps though I want to opt for a higher plan. My requirements are not much except the win 10 laptops which hog a lot of DL 😡 & NEVER install at the first attempt so there is always an action replay of DL's so I had to get out. I am really waiting for Jio to get going but there is no hide nor hair of them though they put the conduit on the footpath below my hse in 2014:frown:
Dude you stay at agarbazaar na? That is so close to Prabhadevi telephone exchange.

Dude you stay at agarbazaar na? That is so close to Prabhadevi telephone exchange.
No, Though I am on Prabhadevi exchange I am not that close to it. The problems I face are local in nature as the cable to my colony is damaged (about 9 yrs ago), repairs by MTNL didn't do any good so a 'temp' line is taken to my bldg from a neighboring bldg from my colony which is ALSO damaged & they are just not bothered even though I personally know the SDE of my area. Guess I just gave up after the lines went dead for 2 months & I needed a quick substitute.

they could have easily wired up dadar with ftth if they wanted... atleast the nearby areas.

Very true but they never bothered to, even though I had approached them & there were enough takers from our side & their main ducts are < 100 meters from our colony. Now it too late as I dont have the patience anymore to suffer idiots & currently there are other options But cant say how long these options are viable. I guess "Every Dog has his day":noexpression:

My downstream rate in my settings page has been updated to 6 Mbps but I'm still only getting around 1.5 Mbps in actual speed. Is it possible I'll get upgraded or something soon?

^^
Don't expect any answers without mentioning your Plan and the speed you are supposed to get.

BTW They have just changed your profile speed. Your Actual plan speed must still be 2 Mbps.

I'm still on the old DSL 999 plan. It's now around 1.3 Mbps during the day and 2 Mbps at night.

Btw, got some flyers from I-On with their plans and a 'coming soon' banner. So looks like I'll have some more options in the coming days

Thanks for the link. I spoke to the I-on guy and he's offering me a 10 Mbps unlimited plan for around Rs. 600+tax and installation. So I will mostly finalise things and try it out for about 3 months to check the reliability.

Once I get the new plan, I'll downgrade my MTNL plan to the BB-600-6M plan or something similar. That way I have a backup for any downtime.

Otherwise, I'll shift to the BB-1000-6M plan. 210 GB is enough for my parents since we don't have Netflix just yet.

^ i-on prices are inclusive of tax. check the prices again. dont over pay 🙂