• Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 3,454
Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsMe

Its Me only.
ISP
ADL
My EVDO dongle is now not getting detected by PC. Checked with BSNL, they said the instrument is corrupted. I had purchased it from BSNL almost 18 months back. They will not give guarentee beyond 1 year and there is no servicing center for this as well. They cant do anything, and only option left is to buy a new device. 🙁No not again, I have stopped the service and booked the internet through my cable ISP. Let me see how it works. Anyway its a bye bye to BSNL EVDO.Anyone outthere, who is planning to go for EVDO (from any provider), dont buy the device after full payment, rather go for a rental scheme. Else, you may also end up in my situation.

Iam sorry to hear about your situation.BSNL is a third rate company and its poor quality is only too wellknown. Nowadays even if you buy a product worth Rs 500 they give warranty and you are always allowed to buy extended warranty and if you do not have that - they have local offices which can repair the product. In this case- BSNL cannot even repair this product because it was outsourced from a different country! Outsourcing is hitting us hard now!!It beats me to think why BSNL chose a product of a different country when top class products is manufactured within the country.Good luck with your search with a different ISP and do let us know your experiences with it.

I understand your problem. If you ask me i would suggest you to rather try contacting the vendors: Qualcomm India and get it serviced. Its worth trying considering the fact that it costs roughly Rs. 4000 which is quite expensive for the device. You can at least try getting to know the cost of servicing... who knows.. if u turn out to be lucky... it might just turn out to be a small problem after all. :inodding:

thanks, probably I will try to get in touch wuth Qualcomm. Anyway I need net for my work, and took the connection from my cable ISP very next day. Steadily getting 4 Mbps. But I am sick of this data cap. 🙁

is the light getting on on the device?if not, it can be an issue with the USB cable.i had a same problem and got it repaired form my local area in about 50 bucks.he opened the device and i fixed the usd wire in the device itself.try getting it checked.

Hi , The BSNL EVDO card is manufactured by ZTE - ztemt.com.Check with them and try different BSNL centres.I had a problem once , and it was fixed by reloading the firmware.Re install the software on your system - guess you would have tried that.Anyhow if someone can format and reload the firmware for you ZTE or BSNL , things may work out fine.Regards

@ itsme if we take the device at rental scheme and if its not working after many months, is we nee to pay money for repair?

Status
Not open for further replies.