Buytheprice Online Shopping Experience

anant.del

Addicts
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 2, 2010
Update: Got a mail today that they have shipped it from Hyderabad...will update when I get it...

whipbox

Sep 13, 2011
LOL...You order on Friday and expect them to work on Saturday and Sunday? They have mentioned on their site that customer care does not work on Sundays. Also, on the product page they show that it takes 4-6 business days to deliver. Why are Indian online shoppers like us so impatient? To be on the fair side, they must be busy working on petty requests and calls from customers like you who call/message/mail them as soon as the order is placed. You never had the patience to wait the time they promised to send it. I have ordered mulitple items from buytheprice.com and their customer service is great, much much better than anyone else . If a product color is not available, they call up to confirm and only then ship the item unlike ohter sites out there.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
flipkart has a history of delivering products within 48 hours of placing the order. if they can do it, it is fair for customers to expect others to match their service quality as well.

whipbox

Sep 13, 2011
Flipkart does not deliver everything in 48 hours, especially weekends. Looks ike this order was placed after office hours and product has been shipped within 24 hours after the weekend. Also, the site mentions shipment time clearly.

flipkart has a history of delivering products within 48 hours of placing the order.

if they can do it, it is fair for customers to expect others to match their service quality as well.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
flipkart delivered a product that was marked as not in stock within 36 hours to me. so either they are doing something special or they are not providing correct information on their website. the fact remains, they are doing something right. most of their rivals are struggling with the quality of their customer care or delivery timings.

whipbox

Sep 13, 2011
That's great to hear. Been a big fan of flipkart... but I have now moved on to buytheprice ever since i placed my first order. i received my first 3 orders within 48 hours although the time specified on the site was 4-6 days. THe reason i tried buytheprice was they were best priced, and they have few products which no toher sites sell. Also love buytheprice's look and feel...very fresh and friendly :)

flipkart delivered a product that was marked as not in stock within 36 hours to me.

so either they are doing something special or they are not providing correct information on their website.

the fact remains, they are doing something right. most of their rivals are struggling with the quality of their customer care or delivery timings.

----------

Operamaniac.... more than any of the websites... i was pointing out issues with indian consumers. order placed on weekend -> keep calling them within 24 hours... where's the patience? the websites can be more efficient if consumers change their petty behavior. just my 2 cents :)

anant.del

Addicts
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 2, 2010
@whipbox

nice to see that u have created a special account to comment here.....

btw have u even ordered from buytheprice.com ??

because if you have then you must have known that on the confirmation mail they sent with the order no. there is no mention about them being closed on Sat-Sun.

And when I tried the only CC no. they had I kept getting busy tone becz of that and wasted my time in vain with it.......even tried FB and they them selves are saying to stay connected with them on FB... but they went ahead and deleted it without responding back to it twice even when I wrote the 2nd time not to delete it before responding back .....its only on Monday I finally mange to get some feedback from them to actually whats going on....

----------

That's great to hear. Been a big fan of flipkart... but I have now moved on to buytheprice ever since i placed my first order. i received my first 3 orders within 48 hours although the time specified on the site was 4-6 days

https://imgur.com/UNE9R

Is this their normal routine to say something different on the website and on the ebill something different becz on the confirmation order slip it says
The original invoice/bill for your order will accompany the shipment, which should reach you in 5-7 business days. :

whipbox

Sep 13, 2011
read my posts above to see if i 'even ordered' from buytheprice. :)their support page has their timings mentioned.. moreoever i came to know about that form your post itself. when you came to know that they were closed, i don't understnad why so much fuss is being created here about number of times you tried reaching them. basically you tried calling them at the wrong timings dude.. get over it.about facebook... not sure... i see lot of their rpelies on their wall... probably u were spamming them or threatning them or ur comment was as impatient was it is here. :p

anant.del

Addicts
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 2, 2010
about facebook... not sure... i see lot of their rpelies on their wall... probably u were spamming them or threatning them or ur comment was as impatient was it is here. :p

haha I dnt do spams and threats dude... i didn't know if someone asks fr order update buytheprice would think its threat to them :rofl:

maybe frm next time if anyone buys frm buytheprice they should keep screen shots of what they said on their FB wall too..

whipbox

Sep 13, 2011
LOL. Patience man. I'm talking about shopper's behavior here more than anything else. I totally didnt understand why u were so impatient that u had to post of fb, call them so many times, post here and there and make such a big fuss when they totally kept their promise.! totally weird for me...

haha I dnt do spams and threats dude... i didn't know if someone asks fr order update buytheprice would think its threat to them :rofl:

maybe frm next time if anyone buys frm buytheprice they should keep screen shots of what they said on their FB wall too..