• Views Views 31,803

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
tUg7R8s.jpg

I am giving it a second try. I listed my 2012 Google Nexus 7 3G 2 days ago. Just got one query. But as expected, it was quite absurd. He wants me to drop the price 40%. Claims to have Google as his client. Says Google is offering him the 2013 edition of the 3G variant for Rs. 18000 (US price is going to be above Rs. 22000). It’s fun. I told him to get it because it is an excellent deal. He said he is planning on getting that but wanted a backup device for testing. I am assuming he is an Android developer and if he is right, Google seems to be offering the new model at pretty amazing prices to developers here in India even before it is launched in the US market.
Listed two more products for variety. I know people here have had much success with OLX. Share your stories!

Last edited:
When you list a phone usually you will get a lot of kids contacting you & wasting your time, the most annoying thing about these people is that they agree 100% to buy then disappear .

Right. Last time I had entered my phone number. Big mistake. Since I usually sleep through the day, it became a big nuisance. This time around, only email. 😀
Ah you mean when you list a phone 😀 I got confused.

A friend of mine was upgrading his bike from an 8yr old model to a new RE. He listed his bike on OLX and got more than he had hoped for, in 2hrs!

I prefer ebay for both selling & buying used stuff. Though ebay charge for the listing. It's more safe than olx & quikr kinda DD sites ... Since most individual sellers on ebay list at a higher price. If you list it for 1-2k lesser than them. Your listing will get attention from genuine buyers ... If the item is out of warranty. Give them a week return back option to attract. Add 10% to your intented price in your final listing price. You could cover ebay + paisapay charges, shipping charges etc ... You could give 5% extra discount if there is any negotiation for a reputed genuine buyer ...

On the contrary, for used stuff, I would prefer OLX.
In most cases, I can check on the product and if satisfied, pay and pick up. On eBay, one has to pay first (in most cases) and is not sure of product quality status.

sold my 9 year old LG 1 ton AC for 7k whereas local dealer was offering 4k last year. i had posted in quikr.com though. i had used OLX
a few years back to sell my Nokia 5800 a few years back. it was called tradusads.in( or something on that lines ) then. had a smooth
transaction with the buyer.

I prefer ebay for both selling & buying used stuff. Though ebay charge for the listing. It's more safe than olx & quikr kinda DD sites ... Since most individual sellers on ebay list at a higher price. If you list it for 1-2k lesser than them. Your listing will get attention from genuine buyers ... If the item is out of warranty. Give them a week return back option to attract. Add 10% to your intented price in your final listing price. You could cover ebay + paisapay charges, shipping charges etc ... You could give 5% extra discount if there is any negotiation for a reputed genuine buyer ...
What if The buyer plays for a week and then returns the phone that way one incurs loss in paying ebay, paisapay, shipping charges

^ Just check the buyer's past trasactions, proceed if satisfied check the buyer's feedback. Avoid starters (0-5 feedbacks). Avoid dealing with buyers with a negative feedback ... I often sell and buy used gadgets there. Except one bad deal, everything was smooth. The one was actually buyer's fault. He tried to trick that the item wasn't there in the parcel. I had taken this dispute to ebay they favored me ...

I sold my Asha 311 mobile on OLX. Very smooth process. Infact it was the first time I was selling anything!
But for PS2 got many calls and replies, many wanted to visit and check but no one showed up.

I tried to sell my sofa set on olx but no luck. I myself have purchased furniture, sports equipment from olx, but had about 4 enquiries for my sofa, one visitor, no sale... disappointed...

I've sold 4 mobiles till date on olx and process was smooth. Always list your price 1k higher than your intended price so that when buyers bargain, you reduce the price 1k and they have satisfaction that they got discount and you'll get your intended price.
Also you get a couple of guys wanting ..say a 11k phone for 5k. In that case you just cut the call and put that number on blacklist