Buy something from MTNL prepaid balance?

• Thread starter Thread starter amish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 8,348

amish

Star gazer
I got banned!
ISP
MTNL Mumbai BB_600 @12mbps
So I have an MTNL number which I am planning to port out to JIO.

But that number has like 300Rs balance.

Now I wonder if there is a way to buy something using that?

I can transfer the balance to some other MTNL number but then MTNL charges 20% as transfer fee which is crazy!!

Also let me know if there is some other way (like transfer balance to JIO and use it as part payment for 408 recharge?)

This topic made me lol. It's hard to finish of mtnl balance. See if you can activate/buy data by sending sms and using rupees from main balance.

lol I lost Rs.200+ mtnl balance. In delhi there is no transfer talktime facility.

I dont want to activate any plan or data pack.

Already have 2 SIM cards of JIO with 4 month internet and calls. (summer surprise)

So buying pack makes no sense. Its as good as throwing away money.

Last edited:
subscribe 3g packs and use them. that's all i can think of. i have 1000+ balance for a few months now on airtel because i end up paying for fresh recharges on their special offers. someone suggested using the ussd code mechanism to see if the same plan is available through it, would try out that when my current recharge lapses. though i am guessing moving to voda or idea would be a mistake so the high balance has saved me get over temporary period of annoyances with airtel.

If MTNL is the same as last year i think you should save yourself from pain of its 3g and voice

do mobile operators add your prepaid funds to postpaid balance if you switch from prepaid to postpaid? 😛

I think Airtel had done that when I had moved from prepaid to postpaid.

It gave me credit of prepaid balance in their bill.

Trust me postpaid is costly.. switched back after 100days.

One will use........ if network is there.....

I had almost 9-10 MTNL LL/ Mob/ CDMA...... now just 1 LL....

Yep I had CDMA. (but CDMA service shutdown)

4 SIM and 1 LL.

Now only 1 SIM in use - rest lying idle. (3 SIM taken over by JIO) 😀