Building a new computer

• Thread starter Thread starter ashhad
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 3,152
ISP
Excitel
I am thinking to build a decent GAMING computer and do not want to throw a lot of money in because i have a PS3. I want a decent build that can play games at 720p - 1080p at Medium to High settings at 30 FPS(avg). I have gone through a ton of Youtube videos and have come out with some decent builds, here they are :

Build -1 (AMD Build)

Processor : AMD FX-4300
Motherboard : Asus M5A78L-M/USB3
Graphic Card : Sapphire Radeon R7 240 4GB DDR3
RAM : Kingston HyperX 8GB
Storage : Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
PSU : Corsair 550W PSU
Case : Antec ASK-4000BU3

Build -2 (Intel Build)

Processor : Intel i3 3220
Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H
Graphic Card : ZOTAC NVIDIA GT 730 2GB DDR5
RAM : Kingston HyperX 8GB
Storage : Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
PSU : Corsair 550W PSU
Case : Antec ASK-4000BU3

I don't know much about PSU, please correct it if isn't correct.
Which Graphic Card is better - 4GB DDR3 Graphic card /or/ 2GB DDR5 Graphic Card ?
What do you think, and which one should i build INTEL /or/ AMD ?

Nah the amount of memory has no effect on performance of games , its just a marketing gimmick used , truth is no card at such low budget can handle more than 1GB efficiently . It will have 0 impact .

Upvote 0
If you're looking to buy something like the GTX 750 you might want to wait till the GTX 960 is in the market as the 700 series is likely to then drop in price.

As for buying internationally, I would recommend against doing so as your warranty is then completely useless here. I say this despite the fact that I once bought an intel SSD through a relative in the US when SSDs were just starting to see consumer applications, but I did so knowing it was a low-risk purchase, and was only around $90.

Upvote 0
Odd, I recall doing a good deal of research on warranty and finding that there was nothing on international warranty.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
lmks5xK.png

Got this build two months back. This thing literally flies. I have Intel SSD,processor is black edition. I don't play games though.

Upvote 0