Bsnl's high latency is ruining my gaming experience.

If you take airtel 100gb plan then it will cost you 49rs/gb. Total cost 4999rs but i have no faith in airtel. they would shave data and send you increased bill.

I use close to 200GB on Reliance while paying just around 1250 bucks per month. I am looking to replace the backup Airtel connection that costs me around the same but has just 5GB of data lol. Would love to get Jio as the backup for times when Reliance is down or I want high speed data.

For 500 bucks sure no prob, thing is its just rumors and seeing how I know ISP's in India i'm pretty sure there's no chance in hell that they'll give 75 gb for 500, but we'll see I guess.
As for paying per gb? I cant control my downloads and restrict them, so I would rather not pay 4000 bucks if thats the case my current bsnl plan is far better, i dont see a point in sacrificing browsing and downloading freedom just because there's a FUP or a download cap.

I use close to 200GB on Reliance while paying just around 1250 bucks per month. I am looking to replace the backup Airtel connection that costs me around the same but has just 5GB of data lol. Would love to get Jio as the backup for times when Reliance is down or I want high speed data.
wish I had reliance. You lucky bastard.

@raman07 The connection is provided by cable operator. They will have some device placed in our house (just like ACT) and the cable will be converted to CAT with RJ45 jack in the user end.

This is my speed test (server : my city)

ping back to normal , SG , Hongkong , dubai sv giving 80-100 😀 Atlast can play 😀

its not back to normal for ULD1091 plan users. Still getting ridiculous ping of almost 230 to singapore , 225 to Chennai and 250+ to EU

Would be interesting to see some traceroutes from 1091 and non 1091 users to compare the routing. I'll post some tomorrow or day after. Anyone else who can do so, please do too.

In my opinion, if you are an Online Gamer, you should stop wasting your time with BSNL. Give a try to your local area's Cable Internet. I was also thinking that these cablewala guys will be no match in-front of Airtel, Reliance, Nextra etc. But after giving it a try i was totally amazed. I am already using one of their connection for a plan of "500 GB @5mbps". This plan is a life saver lol, you cannot consume that much data until you're agree for buying new HDDs every 2-3 months.

I tried to test my ping rate while downloading a movie. Ping is bad but a download is also going on so maybe that's why it is. Usually i get ping rate around 6-8ms.

qV1ybqw.jpg

This downloading was going on when i tested speed on Speedtest.net

YKli8oD.jpg

Yes maybe i am lucky! Because my plan is 5mbps but most of the time i am getting 1.1MiB/s download speed, only when downloading via Torrent or IDM.

I also play Online Multiplayer games with my bro using the same network, we use two different computers and connect them on the same 5mbps internet connection via WIFI for online multiplayer gaming. No issues at all.

This is normal Speedtest.net result of my Broadband:

IRfQA3w.jpg

I am using ANI Broadband Services 🙂

Last edited:
Ping for the past month has been sky high for me too; Getting an average of 280-320 ms ping on the European server, used to get about 175- 220 ms before that. Its useless to ask for help from their customer service.

Only other option available in my area is Connect broadband (512Kbps after FUP) or Five network (satellite broadband) which wouldn't be appropriate for gaming.

BTW has anyone used the five network broadband? The pings on their connection were significantly lower than the ones at BSNL;but it is sattelite broadband,which is why i am having some doubts as to whether i should go for it or not.