BSNL Wimax disconnecting frequently.

Hello All,

I am Deepak Kumar Nayak from Cuttack, Odisha, India. I have been a user of Wimax for more 2 years. Every thing was right for the last 2 years. However, I am facing heavy difficulties since the last 3 months. I am unsure about the reason. The problem is that it is getting disconnected in every 15-30 mins. There is no certain customer care services for Wimax in our area. This time around I also contacted the customer care and even after 20 days of my complaint lodged there was no solution. So I had no other way, and I decided to go to the upper level. I went to the DGM and complained the same. Luckily, the DGM called somebody and a man came to my home.

I would like to give some more information here about my exact location of the Wimax antenna. Actually I use two PC's with the wimax and the antenna is placed at a higher distance in the roof top over the first floor. My home is located around 4 kms from the tower from which the signal is transmitted. When I check the device status by logging into 192.168.254.251, I see the
RSSI : -50 to -70 dBm and CINR 14-20 dB in average. But problem is that it is disconnecting every now and then. Strange thing is that when I unplug the cable that is connected from the antenna to the modem then it is getting internet again but after few minutes it is again getting disconnected. The BSNL person who came to see the problem told that it is Ok as you are getting good signal. He was not a helpful person at all. Instead of solving the problem he ran away from it saying every thing is OK.

So could anybody tell what is exactly the problem?? Why it is disconnecting?? Is there any problem in the antenna? What to do?

I am very much worried. I am sure BSNL not going to help me.

Thank you all in advance.

Hi,

No body here?? please help me.....

I have been using Wimax since last 3 months in Assam and having the same problem of disconnecting frequently, infact it connects and disconnects every minute. I am searching for solutions in all forums, but there is no update regarding this. Please share whenever you find any solution. Thank u

i had this problem but i solved it of my own i just changed place of my outdoor cpe ..minimum cinr mean is 24 so try to get cinr mean upto 24 ..taking your cpe to upper floor will help or will not .... i had this problem but i changed the place of my outdoor cpe to lower floor and i got 28 cinr mean