BSNL WiFi hotspot from laptop refuses to work for mobile

• Thread starter Thread starter Udit Bajaj
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 8,164

Udit Bajaj

Ok i have a Type IV modem with BSNL 1350 UL connection. I have connected the modem using LAN cable to my laptop. Now my Windows 7 created two connections :1. Network *LAN connection to router with no internet access*2. BSNL *user created connection which is our dialer to connect to internet*So once my BSNL is dialed, both connections are active and BSNL is the network with Network Access. And in Network And Sharing Center, there are Local Area Network and BSNL connections available. When i switch on WiFi and use connectify to create a hotspot. I right click my BSNL connection *the one with internet access* and allow sharing on it. For that i select the Local Area connection/ Wireless Connection 2 *WiFi hotspot miniport adapter of Windows 7* And then try to connect my device to laptop. It connects using WLAN but it refuses to use the internet connection from the laptop. The error is similar to "timeout" because my mobile doesnt get any internet connection despite sharing it .In short :1. BSNL *dialer with internet connection* is shared to Local Area connection OR Wireless Connection 2*which is miniport adapter for creating hotspots*2. connectify has successfully created a hotspot.3. mobile is connected to laptop using the hotspot.4. mobile doesn't get to use the internet despite sharing connection in both Connectify and BSNL.Have tried Virtual Router too. but even that refuses to work . so is there any step by step solution *with screenshots possibly* that you can share ?Note: Mobile connects to WLAN hotspots in malls or at friend's house whose PCMCIA WiFi card for his modem *same modem as mine* is working. There it can access internet so it's not my mobile's fault but something with sharing and connections.

i think you have configured modem in bridge mode. just try it in pppoe mode then you don't need to share on your laptop.mobile will directly connect to modem.

It's in PPPoE mode. Remember how we have to create a new connection PVC-6 after deleting PVC-0 in WiFi settings? I have done that , so it's by default now in PPPoE mode. Even then mobile refuses to connect to laptop. My PCMCIA card died so I cannot connect it directly to router.