BSNL username and password issue....

• Thread starter Thread starter cosmic077
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 10,837

cosmic077

ISP
BSNL
Can anyone tell me how does BSNL provide the authentication for username and password? My issue is: I already have a Bsnl connection and in workin state.. My problem is when is use my username and password, i get an ip on the status screen and have a connection for internet, but when i use username and password of some one else, i dont get a connection status, nor do i get an IP. I wanna know, if BSNL authenticates with username and password only then i should be able to use others usernam and password as well (working usernam & password). So can any one answer my question!!!

Can anyone tell me how does BSNL provide the authentication for username and password?

My issue is: I already have a Bsnl connection and in workin state..

My problem is when is use my username and password, i get an ip on the status screen and have a connection for internet, but when i use username and password of some one else, i dont get a connection status, nor do i get an IP.

I wanna know, if BSNL authenticates with username and password only then i should be able to use others usernam and password as well (working usernam & password).

So can any one answer my question!!!

Would you like me to use your Broadband connection and you get the bill ?
check your id is something like this XXstdCode)(phonenumber)
PW default Password. which you can change.
This will be valid ONLY for your Phone Number.

You cannot use others' ID and password in your number. It won't work because port binding is in place.

Back in 2008 I was able to use other people's ID & password on my connection.I was on Home UL 750 Plan with 256 kbps speed cap.By using my friends ID I was able to get speeds of 1.6 mbps (up 2 mbps as BSNL says) on their limited plans.But now "Port Binding" is implemented at my exchange and I can no longer use ID and password other than my ownIn fact I have 2 BSNL BB connections now but cannot use the ID & password of one line on the other.If the DSLAM at you exchange is not configured to implement "Port Binding" then you are lucky and can use your friends ID and password.But this will be illegal and the excess billing if any will go the owner of the ID & Password which has exceed the usage limit and not to the owner of the line.It is highly unlikely today for any BSNL Exchange to not implement Port Binding

I know that there might be a port binding that might be active...
But according to my test what I can come on a conclusion is that some of the user ids and passwords can be used.
While the others give me a dns server but not the ip addr.
So thats what is confusing me!
Can a expert comment on this, rather than amateurs giving me silly reasons!