BSNL unlimited/limited Plan suggestion for average use of 7-8GB/month

• Thread starter Thread starter prakash_mvpa
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 5,575
^^^ wow..Someone sucked from that plan! 70GB per month? if I'm not mistaken? and that too for Rs580! 😀 I know Yaar..If You are into Torrents,P4on and gaming etc, this plan is unimaginably cheap at Rs500. even I used to download 30-40GB/month scheduling My Debian Linux box to download torrents and stop the connection at 7.50AM.. I guess I am now too old for the fun. I use up morning bandwidth of 2.5 within a week itself. that is the problem. hence, changing to 850 unlimited plan.
I used to cross 135GB almost every month but now I need a 24*7 plan so I've switched to 750UL. Also, a word of advise, BSNL is the best ISP in India don't switch to Reliance even though their plans seems good, they're customer so is pathetic and there are frequent downtimes.

Crazy expensive plans for BSNL users. Reliance gives 12mbps upto 25GB and after-FUP 1mbps plan for 1k range totally pawns BSNL.

Crazy expensive plans for BSNL users. Reliance gives 12mbps upto 25GB and after-FUP 1mbps plan for 1k range totally pawns BSNL.

And the only fine-prints being (a) you will never get 12Mbps all the time (b) you will have to be on the MEN network to access these plans (c) we will block any website without any form of discrimination.

Sad turn of events 🙁 . I visited customer care centre at BSNL Muvattupuzha and they said in Port I(present port to which My number is connected) has no facility for "Differential"(ULD) plans. Hence, it is not feasible to change to "BBG COMBO ULD 850". I overheard Port-III has the facility for ULD plans and they are reluctant to move My landline connection to that Port,since it seems to take lot of manual work? However, I persisted I needed this plan as there are no other alternative available. So, He asked to write a Letter asking for Port Change and Plan Change. gave the Letter. He said, don't expect anytime Soon. Is there anything I can do to speed up the port change? anything like BSNL SSA officer or some others whom I can write a email for this ULD plan change.

You can try talking to the district HQ but it all comes to local exchange people and when they change it.

Today got the Plan changed to ULD 850 along with port change.
I can only change password, see Broadband details at CRM . not at BSNL Portal ..

Also, After Portchange to NIB-II(117.x IP range), My DSL Modem doesn't even shown DSL Link blinking! I found out that, ADSL mode changed to ADSL2+ only works!
With G.DMT and Annexe M IIRC, FN 500 plan works fine. but, for this plan, even G.dmt is not working. Anyone confirm?

Another doubt is, I got email address allotted from selfcare website. but, What is the password? (Although I'll not be using this mail, may be I'll check once in a while).

Thanks for all the Support.