Bsnl Ul 900 Bossted To Give 1.5 Mbps ??????

• Thread starter Thread starter The_Jaat
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 6,776

The_Jaat

ISP
BSNL
Hello to all of you... I am a frequent visitor to this site, and ALWAYS came here in times of our good 'ol BSNL trouble, the hooplas n all... but lately sumthins happenin to my 256 kbps UL 900 ( or maybe 900 +, whichever it is ... dunno ... maybe this is the reason ) has been actin strange. I usually get speeds for torrents at 32 kBps ... avg 25 kBps ... but right now ... as i am typin this, i am gettin a speed of ..lemme chk....178.8 kBps...thats right .... k, then a capital B , and ps = kBps... I downloaded a latest 4 hour hindi movie of 1.37 GB ( well al know which one :yahoo🙂 in 2 HOURS.... 😱... and this is not a 10 second magic... its 7 PM now... and it has been happening since 1 PM ... Another thing that i remember is that a few days earlier, the same thing happened.... that time i started the net at 1 PM too ( 9 to 11 is a light cut, otherwise its on 22 hours ...:thumbsup: ) even THEN i was gettin speeds of 130 to 140 kBps... but then the damn lights went and it was back to 32 kBpsMy best guess is that there is some update or checkup sorta thing goin on at the BSNL servers or sumthin lyk that... or MAYBE they are checkin sumthin NEW... openin the bandwith restrictions or sumthin lyk that...but am not SURE.... i just hope to GOD tommorow there is NO light cut ( tommorow onwards, actually) anyways, any wiseguns out there, PLEASE DO ADVISE as to what this could be .... and all u airtels out there ... bet your ISP dont do this ever to keep customers happy ... hehehehe in ANY CASE ... BSNL ROKKSS... heheheheh

Other UL subscribers have reported similar activities on my community too. Enjoy it while it lasts... 🙂

hey,tats cool.. guess they are upgrading.. its the same thing that happened when 256kbps was being upgraded to 2mbps for other plans long back... it slowly improved and then after a month it was official!!

lets hope so because even yesterday there was an AD in times of india proudly showing the bsnl 256kbps unlimited connection.

BSNL has got this habit of advertising speed upgrades long before they are implemented. Back when all the 256kbps lines were upgraded to 2mbps, although it was set to be effective from Jan 1st 2007, by Dec 12th 2006 itself the communications minister proudly proclaimed of the speed boost. So unless we dont an official confirmation from BSNL, there isnt any need for more speculation...thats my humble opinion...

Check this out. Even Comcast in the US (the evil ISP that throttles torrent connections) is upgrading speeds for free. From the \"slow poke\" 6-8 mbps to 16 mbps! It sucks to be and Indian broadband customer 🙁

shahine.com/omar/ - Comcast Blast coming to Bay Area
🙁🙁yep,agree

They might revise their plans as Airtel has started 512k & 1mbps UL plans. However I doubt whether it will be cheaper than airtel's.

They might revise their plans as Airtel has started 512k & 1mbps UL plans. However I doubt whether it will be cheaper than airtel's.

Hope Airtel catch a big percentage of market with this 1 mbps unlimited plan so that it forces BSNL to indroduce 2mbps unlimited at cheaper price.