• Thread starter Thread starter mahendra108
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 76,981

mahendra108

ISP
BSNL Broadband
Hi All,

Today I went to BSNL office to buy Type - II modem (with wi-fi) for my laptop. They issued me a demand note of Rs. 1800.00 + 72.00 (TAX) = 1872.00 as the cost of the modem. But, on the BSNL's website, the cost of modem is mentioned as Rs. 1600 + TAX only. I asked to BSNL curtomer care people about this price difference, but they told that they don't know anything about the website, they only know about what their computer showes to them, and their computer showes them the cost of Type -II and Type - IV modem Rs. 1800 + TAX.

Please tell me know the exact price of the modem. Also, where should I complain about the price difference if I am being overchanged ?

Thanks.
Mahendra

mahendra108What was the price mentioned on the form? You signed on that, and that is what matters.I haven't seen a Dataone application form (print) in some time.

Mention the modem name /make.
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.
Seems this is the latest web site. showing new tariff plans.
Earlier web site was showing Rs 1800 for both Type II and IV.

The plans HomeFlexi350, HomeCombo199 and HomeCombo299 will be implemented w.e.f. 1-8-2008 only where spare capacity of landline and broadband service is available.

shows Rs 1600/= only. for type II.

Also reduced rate for modem rent after 24 months. ( Rs 25 etc)

Type IV recommended. tell them you have two desktop/s and a laptop.
and need USB port to connect printer/camera etc.

for Info : Better fill up appln form in Exchange.
BSNL's Broadband Application Form

Complaint: contact your circle's A..O TO START WITH.!!!

muj ko wi-fi modem want now
latest:
New Page 3

If present ADSL modem is on rent return it and
If purchased outright earlier use it with a, wif router.
Buy a commercal model say ; Netgear wifi router.say WGR614V9.
rent again wifi model if available or purchase one.

muj ko wi-fi modem want now

You can get one from BSNL for Rs. 80 per month rent or Rs. 1,800 outright purchase.

err bought one @ 1325 + tax or something like that... Anyway Its always better to rent the BSNL modems rather than buying them as they have a tendency to fail every 12-18 months...

PS just realized this is a 2-3 yr old thread zzzzz...