BSNL to soon launch 4G services with VoLTE

No daily data limit on few BSNL broadband plans, 4G VoLTE services also begin in some circles - Technology News

BSNL is, however, not done with its announcements for now. The company has begun pilot testing the 4G network in few circles such as Kerala and Gujarat. Therefore, BSNL 4G subscribers will be able to enjoy 4G VoLTE calls in these circles for now. To promote its 4G VoLTE network, BSNL is also offering free data to those subscribers who are upgrading to the 4G SIM card. So far, it's been reported that BSNL is giving up to 2GB of free data if some upgrades to the 4G SIM card. The offer is only accessible in those circles where the 4G network is deployed.

Hi, Admin,
The 4g sim swap is also done in chennia circle. Bu the 4g has not been introduced here.
Aside from mobile speed, is there any added advantage in getting 4 g sim card.
Is the mobile tariff, stv rates for 4g any different from 3g?or tariss remains the same.
Does the sale of 4g means that those circle towers have been upgraded to 4g , but awaiting some approval from Govt. or the tower upgrade has to be done for the introductory circle also.
A charge of 100 Rs . is collected for sim swap.

1. Apart from speed, the only advantages I can think of is better latency over 4G or HD voice (if VoLTE is deployed)
2. For now tariffs are the same.
3. Most probably tower upgrades have been started in your circle. For example, BSNL isn't saying anything about 4G launch in Kolkata and neither are the sims available.

I heard that the Govt has to give its nod for operation. But how could you say, that my tower has been upgraded . is there anyway to know that your tower has been upgraded. Your second answer now means, that it may have different rates for 3g and 4g please clarifiy

No, actually BSNL hasn't technically got the extra spectrum for 4G. So for now, they are switching off 3G and utilising that for 4G. And regarding tariffs, it is same for both 3G and 4G. But, it might change once they roll out 4G pan India. About tower upgrades, I didn't say that they have definitely upgraded the tower in your area. What I meant was that since they are distributing sims, they are probably in the process of upgrading towers.

To be honest, judging by their condition now, I feel like by the time they even launch 4G, Jio/Airtel will have covered the country with 4G and might even have made advances towards 5G. As it is IUC will get scrapped and BSNL's 900Mhz spectrum will expire next year. The only spectrum they'll have left is 2100 Mhz, and let's face it, the only reason people even kept BSNL as a secondary sim was because of voice coverage on 900 Mhz 2G. As bad as it sounds, the company might eventually be sold off.