BSNL to release 8 mbps soon!!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter srinag
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 4,058

srinag

ISP
Airtel Broadband
Yes people........... the time is coming, when the good lord shall bless us with his divine glory and pave an 8mbps path for us. :yahoo:

We lowly mortals should be proud of BSNL, even though they have a crappy customer service, they have won our hearts through their connections.

Prasie be to BSNL!!!!

Links : BSNL to offer 8 mbps connectivity soon

:thumbsup:

Uhh..that blog references this article from March.

What month are we in now?

..oh yeah...June.

Is there anyone that actually has IPTv yet 🙂

We heard recenlty it was trialing in Kolkatta but still waiting to read a blog or similar about the 'experience'.

We heard recenlty it was trialing in Kolkatta but still waiting to read a blog or similar about the 'experience'.
I was in Kol for 2 months. The officer at my exchange told me that it could be June, July before the commercial rollout. But this rollout would only be limited to a few exchanges. It would take a full year maybe 2 to expand to the other exchanges. Thats BSNL for you.

While at present the connectivity speed of BSNL broadband connection is two megabits per second (MBPS), the new technology will enable connectivity at a speed of eight MBPS.
Source: The Hindu

"Enable" does not mean they are going to offer any 8mbps plans (forget unlimited plans).

And thats complete nonsense... since ADSL DSLAMS can already serve more then 8 mpbs.

In any case, the Hindu article mentions "Fiber to the home" to be implemented by year-end !!!I'm eagerly awaiting this and it will be funny if FTTH is really deployed and BSNL provides only 2 mbps over FTTH hehe

I am from Kolkata. I contacted my local telephone exchange regarding IPTV but they said they are still in dark and couldnt assure me regarding exact opening schedeules.

Whats the use of giving 8 Mbps line with 1 GB download limit 😛Better give 2 Mbps Unlimited 🙂