• Thread starter srinag
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 12
  • Views: Views 3,988
S

srinag

ISP
Airtel Broadband
Yes people........... the time is coming, when the good lord shall bless us with his divine glory and pave an 8mbps path for us. :yahoo:

We lowly mortals should be proud of BSNL, even though they have a crappy customer service, they have won our hearts through their connections.

Prasie be to BSNL!!!!

Links : BSNL to offer 8 mbps connectivity soon

:thumbsup:

B

blr_p

Regulars
ISP
Airtel 256k ultd
Uhh..that blog references this article from March.

What month are we in now?

..oh yeah...June.

Is there anyone that actually has IPTv yet :)

We heard recenlty it was trialing in Kolkatta but still waiting to read a blog or similar about the 'experience'.

W

wR2g4vdTjL5d

Regulars
We heard recenlty it was trialing in Kolkatta but still waiting to read a blog or similar about the 'experience'.
I was in Kol for 2 months. The officer at my exchange told me that it could be June, July before the commercial rollout. But this rollout would only be limited to a few exchanges. It would take a full year maybe 2 to expand to the other exchanges. Thats BSNL for you.

vebk

vebk

Mr. Advocate
ISP
Airtel 8 Mbps 'Unlimited'
While at present the connectivity speed of BSNL broadband connection is two megabits per second (MBPS), the new technology will enable connectivity at a speed of eight MBPS.
Source: The Hindu

"Enable" does not mean they are going to offer any 8mbps plans (forget unlimited plans).

N

netfreak

Regulars
ISP
Airtel GPRS EDGE + VSNL
And thats complete nonsense... since ADSL DSLAMS can already serve more then 8 mpbs.

vishalrao

vishalrao

The Global Village Idiot
ISP
Microscan and PDPL.
In any case, the Hindu article mentions "Fiber to the home" to be implemented by year-end !!!I'm eagerly awaiting this and it will be funny if FTTH is really deployed and BSNL provides only 2 mbps over FTTH hehe

R

rahul4640

rahul4640
ISP
dataone.in
I am from Kolkata. I contacted my local telephone exchange regarding IPTV but they said they are still in dark and couldnt assure me regarding exact opening schedeules.

P

Praks

Regular
ISP
Airtel
Whats the use of giving 8 Mbps line with 1 GB download limit :pBetter give 2 Mbps Unlimited :)

S

sam999

sam
ISP
bsnl 500
i think they alerady have capacity of more than 8 mbps but they dont havebandwidth.

K

kanishka

Linux geek
ISP
512 UL BSNL
ya when it is ???????????????////////////////////////////????????