Bsnl to offer UL 3G 1 & 2 day packs from Republic day

• Thread starter Thread starter xtc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 5,379
No we dont need 1, 2 day plans or even 15 days. The 498rs 15 days plan created so much congestion and higher then expected usage that the speeds dropped to 2.42mbps for people getting 10mbps. Now that the plan has been discontinued speeds are beginning to go back to normal. Why would people in Hyderabad care for 4G they have access to some of the fastest and cheapest broadband in the country.

Yes,but they care about cheapest and fastest internet on the go as well 😛
Anyways I feel AVoID isn't going to introduce daily plans..It's just not going to sit well with the investors and all

Wireless internet is not just for mobile users. There are many who have unstable wireline connections and moved to wireless for reliability. Even fibre connections take 7-10 days to repair.
The main purpose of 1 and 2 day packs is to drive video content, not data.
Most people have time to watch movies on weekends only and these plans are targeting them specifically as the majority.

Airtel, jio and Voda have their own content, I don't know about others. Expect more tieups between content owners and ISPs soon.

Dang it..Time to get Vodafone SIM it seems..
I was halting till BSNL announces anything new

I bought Vodafone 4g sim tried it but I only get H+ on 3G network if I switch to LTE I get E only using Redmi 2S. Called customer care they told me that redmi 2s does not support the band currently we operate 4g on and 4G is not launched in Nagpur yet. Really weird since the vodafone store said 4g is working that's why I bought the sim.

Use old apk of jio tv, Until last week I could stream JIO Play / Tv via BSNL 3G but magazines download required mandatory JIO connection.

Very strange that the plans are not released yet. The article in post #1 quotes the Bsnl Chairman

BSNL Chairman and Managing Director Anupam Shrivastava said his company will launch more plans and packs on the Republic Day, which falls on Jan 26. These will include unlimited packs with a duration of one or two days as well, he said.