Bsnl to Offer 1Gbps Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter ShanksZ
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 6,491
assuming they have fiber. i have not read any report that they would use copper or dsl in areas where they might not have fiber yet.

and with every connection BSNL will give a 50k accidental insurance

BSNL has large dark fibers which they can utilise or rent it to other providers. But I don't think BSNL can provide last mile connectivity like Jio or other local operators. Even BSNL have less submarine cables when compared to Tata, Airtel, Jio, they need to buy bandwidth from these private operators in many places. BSNL is already working on BharatNet which will connect all villages to high speed network, but last mile connectivity is very hard and expensive for BSNL.

why is everybody focusing on 1Gbps? Its a gimmick imo.
the average joe doesnt even have the hardware to support a gigabit connection.
You need a Gigabit ethernet card, Gigabit router, Ssds.

and 4k tvs , 4k streaming devices , 4k monitors etc . not everybody has these things.

The whole point of a gigabit connection is to enable a user easily get High quality content and to be able to view this high quality content you need devices that actually support it.

moreover its not like they will give you fup less Gbps connection for 1k rs. it will most likely be 5krs + with a fup on it.
and that 1Gbps speed will probably be good for domestic traffic and you're just gonna end up getting pathetic speeds to international servers.

the average joe is just gonna end up complaining as how he is not getting 900+ Mbps on his laptop and how he is not able to download his 5mb mp3 with his ''GIGAbit'' connection.

Gigabit is just for marketing purposes. I guess the normal offering would be something between 50 - 100 Mbps which would be affordable below Rs 1500. Gigabit will be high end offering which will cost upwards of 3000.

I contacted JioFiberCare yesterday about the connection and they said that " Thank you for your interest in JioGigaFiber.
We have started deploying JioGigaFiber network in your area.
We shall contact you for activation of JioGigaFiber services once it's available in your building.

why is everybody focusing on 1Gbps? Its a gimmick imo.
the average joe doesnt even have the hardware to support a gigabit connection.
You need a Gigabit ethernet card, Gigabit router, Ssds.

and 4k tvs , 4k streaming devices , 4k monitors etc . not everybody has these things.

The whole point of a gigabit connection is to enable a user easily get High quality content and to be able to view this high quality content you need devices that actually support it.

moreover its not like they will give you fup less Gbps connection for 1k rs. it will most likely be 5krs + with a fup on it.
and that 1Gbps speed will probably be good for domestic traffic and you're just gonna end up getting pathetic speeds to international servers.

the average joe is just gonna end up complaining as how he is not getting 900+ Mbps on his laptop and how he is not able to download his 5mb mp3 with his ''GIGAbit'' connection.

Gigabit connection is not for your average people its targeted towards a certain demographic which includes small to medium sized business and individuals like me. A lot of people have the necessary hardware to get the full benefit of 1Gbps. A 100mbps connection will take close to 3 hours to download 100gb of data with speed fluctuations .

I contacted JioFiberCare yesterday about the connection and they said that " Thank you for your interest in JioGigaFiber.
We have started deploying JioGigaFiber network in your area.
We shall contact you for activation of JioGigaFiber services once it's available in your building.

Om which number dis you contact jio. Please give me number too