• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 3,027

SVK

twitter.com/svknet
ISP
Jio Fiber, Airtel 5G
http://www.thinkdigit.com/Internet/BSNL-intros-FTTH-service-in-Pune-promises_7622.html
http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/report_bsnl-offers-city-100-mbps-with-fibre-network_1591313

The Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL), Pune has come up with a "fibre to the home" (FTTH) service in Pune, which will offer its customers bandwidth speed up to 100 Mbps (mega bytes per second).
This was disclosed by BSNL principal general manager, VK Mahendra at a press conference held in the city at the BSNL customer service centre on Saturday.
He said the FTTH network is empowered with a gigabit capable passive optical network (GPON) that will help offer broadband services at very quick speeds to its clients.
The monthly charges for these services range from Rs2,999 to Rs83,999. The GPON services will be provided through optical fibre cables that have high speed downloading and uploading capacity.
He said the service was targeted at high value customers and the service required multi-storeyed buildings and also sophisticated infrastructure.
"We are looking for commercial clients and clients who can afford this service," he said.

Didn't MTNL make a similar announcement a few months ago? Don't think they ever rolled it out.

These babus are epic trolls - they make announcements like these, get our hopes up, then they get amnesia and forget about it 🙁

The monthly charges for these services range from Rs2,999 to Rs83,999
so what should i expect for Rs. 2999,BSNL was joking in that conference
Probably 2MB free usage per month in Rs. 2999.

They can't provide 1 Mbps properly & talking some high level sh** of 100 Mbps.

I agree. First make the current connections and services stable.

I had a Combo 650 plan of BSNL, which was to give up to 2 Mbps speed. The speed was never more than 1.2 Mbps. The exchange was just about a km away (they crib about far off exchanges for bad speeds). Also, ADSL dropped at least every hour, sometimes more frequently.......

----------

so what should i expect for Rs. 2999,BSNL was joking in that conference
Probably 2MB free usage per month in Rs. 2999.

Very much like the 3G data plans. The limit will get exhausted in a few minutes!