BSNL to launch FIBER TO THE HOME(FTTH) today in Jaipur.

• Thread starter Thread starter Raditz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 6,797

Raditz

Regular
ISP
Bsnl
Since this wouldnt fit in the definition of Broadband I thought i'd rather post it in the generic forum-
For the first time in India BSNL is going to deploy another path breaking technology after 3G i.e. FIBRE TO THE HOME(FTT H) This is being launched in Jaipur on 13th March 13, 2010 by Minister of State for Communications and Information technology Mr Sachin Pilot. Presently copper provides the last mile connectivity to home/buildings which has its limitations but FTTH takes the optic fiber direct to the home and provides larger bandwidth and higher speeds which are prerequisite for bandwidth hungry applications. With this technology BSNL now can offer high speed internet access up to 1000Mbps and plethora of services based on triple play(voice, video and data). Services like IPTV, HDTV, 3DTV, video on demand , bandwidth on demand, video conferencing , interactive gaming , and several other value added services will now be available through FTTH. Although services like IPTV have been launched by BSNL on copper cable but they have their limitations in delivering better value for customers but optic fiber can deliver world class experience the consumers. BSNL will soon launch these services across the country in phased manner.

Although telecom PSU’s BSNL and MTNL have been proactive in bringing latest technology to people but they have never been able to ride on the success of these initiatives. They have been pioneer in introducing services like 3G, IPTV, VoIP etc. but one can’t see the PSU’s taking the larger chunk of the market given their lackadaisical approach towards to sales , marketing and customer care. Even after deploying service like 3G for which private players are waiting desperately with their mouths open and purses exposed, BSNL and MTNL have been unable to make any substantial headway. May be senior management of these PSU’s need to learn from these blunders and then go about launching future technologies.

Code:
http://teleguru.in/2010/03/bsnl-to-launch-fiber-to-the-homeftth-today-in-jaipur/

Cool if only they implement it fast and plans are decent.

So are they going to be faster than Hayai? I would like to see the plans!

Anyone? Have their plans been announced? What about the Hyderabad plans?

..... I dont think they will change the plans.... the FTTH might be just to make india Future-Proof....u know what im talking about...

Oh okay. So then it still sucks...