BSNL Tariff for its broadband services

• Thread starter Thread starter google_singh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 11,367
A little more detailed reading of that link reveals a lovely loophole.
Suppose we bought the Home 500 plan for 6 months that would be 500 x6 = 3000
6 months modem rental = 600
Security deposit = 500 (non-refundable)
Total cost per month = Rs.683 or Rs.766 if you add the modem installation charges.
Which is really quite bad when you consider Sify offers it at Rs.458 however there is a huge difference here because of this paragraph taken from the same page
As a special incentive to customers, to come forward and take up/ test the service, for both Home and Business plans, additional usage charges (Rs/MB) for the use will not be levied up to 30th June, 2005 for the customers who join the service before 31st March, 2005.
[/b]
So you can actually download as much as you want for the first 6 months at a speed of 256kbps (32 kBps) with no limits!
If someone finds fault in my facts or calculations please tell me though I have thoroughly checked my calculations.

THE PAGE WITH TARIFFS SAYS:

As a special incentive to customers, to come forward and take up/ test the service, for both Home and Business plans, additional usage charges (Rs/MB) for the use will not be levied up to 30th June, 2005 for the customers who join the service before 31st March, 2005.  [/b]

SO I GUESS THERE IS NO DATA TRANSFER LIMIT UPTO JUNE 30TH ISN'T IT? THEY WON'T CHARGE ANYTHING EXTRA, WILL THEY?

Yeah i think anand and natrix are right........experience true broadbandfor 6 months....not bad at allBut I think anybody buying dataone shud clarify this againPity I dont have BSNL in my city🙁Nad i think everybody in whose city data one will be available shud go in for it, then only private operators like sify and airtel wud match bsnl prices

i thought it was 12% 😕

Service tax is 10.2% so that will make it 551 Rs. and 100 Rs for monthly modem rent ....that makes it 661 Rs./month.......i'll go 4 it and once the unlimited plan is over, i'll remove the service! 😉

You never know for sure. Sify has a habit of hidden clauses.You might enjoy True broadband, and Sify might just bill you for that. 😀

And everyone takes for granted that they will SURELY get the advertised 256 Kbps speed. If my experience is anything to go by, I would take such claims of speed with more than a pinch of salt. ISPs in India were never known to be scrupulous, never known for caring for their customers... My own "broadband" cable net connection gives me 32 Kbps at the most. If you want to believe BSNL go ahead, I will wait and watch before investing my hard-earned money. BSNL is no better than any other operator going by their jealousy over the copper last-mile access system that they think they control - but that never belonged to them at all.

airtel is giving rather decent speeds here in gurgaon. i can download and upload simultaneously at around 12-13 KBps.

Initially sify also used to give separate bandwidth for both upload and download....so I was able to upload and download simultaneously at 64kbps now it's the total speed

the good thing is that airtel is not new to the business of providing broadband. i used it as touchtel 2 years back. it rocked then, it rocks now. 🙂

no, they are not paying me anything 🙂

I have earlier used DIAS ( 128 kpps of BSNL ) and now also use Data One ( Broadband 256 kpbs ) and am happy with DIAS while Dataone is also fine though th only prob is that it disconnect every few minutes and redils again. This is a pain in the a&#.

Originally posted by Sushubh@Jan 14 2005, 11:16 PM
the good thing is that airtel is not new to the business of providing broadband. i used it as touchtel 2 years back. it rocked then, it rocks now. 🙂

no, they are not paying me anything 🙂
[snapback]4419[/snapback]
[/quote]