BSNL started banning websites ?

List of 104 Music Sites That The Indian Music Industry Wants Blocked - MediaNama

Almost all sites are not opening here from my side. Only few open. Is these sites opening for you guys ?

Yeah! They're blocking such websites gradually. The only workaround is to use Google DNS i.e. 8.8.8.8

no its not working and i dont know why people keep telling others to use alternate DNS system ,when the blocking involves much further deep

Just o give an idea of the practice followed

How They Will Block

The court has asked ISPs to block the sites using any of the three methods:

1. DNS Name blocking: which ISPs use to for looking up IP addresses corresponding to domain names. However, it is possible for filesharing sites to change their domain name: as we reported earlier, Songs.pk resurfaced as Songspk.pk.

2. IP Address blocking using routers: IP address blocking using routers. However, it is possible for sites to be hosted on alternate servers, once blocked, so this might not entirely address the issue.

3. DPI based URL blocking: “This mechanism involves configuring the ISP’s network management system to monitor traffic by means of Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) and reset or block a customer’s connection to specific Uniform Resource Locators (URLs) as defined in the network management system’s Access Control Lists” DPI-based URL blocking is necessary can be used to block only a portion of a website, for example, “[URL="http://www.example.com/home.html”]IANA — Example domains[/URL] only, instead of “www.example.com.”

Also using proxy to access sites means we are only turning a blind eye towards the issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
tried just one site or many in the list ? Coz i cant able to access them (90%)

if so can you post a tracert to http://tamilmaalai.com/ ?

you can post it on pastebin and paste the link here , removing your IP address , needless to say

if so can you post a tracert to Tamilmaalai.Com - Songs Database ?

you can post it on pastebin and paste the link here , removing your IP address , needless to say

Will surely do that when I reach home.

ISP and browser ? Hope you are not suing Opera turbo

Using Mozilla Firefox and Tata Broadband. I meant it worked for me on BSNL broadband at home.

Yup it was working even for me till 11 AM or so ,then i couldnt access it after then. did few things to check the problem isnt from my side.

Yup it was working even for me till 11 AM or so ,then i couldnt access it after then. did few things to check the problem isnt from my side.

Oh is it? I have tried around five - six days back. You may be right then, will check at my end today.

I can confirm that blocks have been removed as of now. sites working fine.

I guess it might have been a temporary issue, and not block. If it was a block, they would not have removed it.

if so can you post a tracert to http://tamilmaalai.com/ ?

Not working here.