Bsnl + Sify

• Thread starter Thread starter chethancj
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 2,858

chethancj

ISP
BSNL UL900+
today i got dataone UL 900 plan and i also have sify pure unlimited 256 kbps both are connected but wen i download anithing the sending/receiveing in system tray is happening only from one connection i.e bsnl and sify connec is idle.. wen i disconnect bsnl i can use sify.can someone tell me how do i dwnload or use both connections at once pls

U cant use both the connections together. As system can detect just one settings at a time.

I think it can be done. The Concept involved will be network load balancing.A long time ago, i had tried something like this with modems. I had modem rack. 5 modems and 5 lines. In my office we had to use all 5 to get better speeds. but problem was how to do it. While finding the solution I hit upon this concept on internet. I think if I still have any documents / stuff available I will share them with you. BTW, if NE1 else can shed some light (Technical stuff) ...how it will work ... Meanwhile I will do some research tonight.... maybe tomorrow I will be in better position to help you. -pranKster.

QUOTE(ROHIN @ Oct 13 2006, 08:52 PM) [snapback]65228[/snapback]
U cant use both the connections together. As system can detect just one settings at a time.
[/b]

Hi it is possible to combine broad band lines with the help of load balancer. check D-Link-india site. there is an advertisement for load balancer. Model no: DR210-i.

I have got another model from dlink DI LB604 from singapore(yesterday) and I will try today

I will post the feedback

Muthu manickam

i dont want to buy any new hardware bcos sify ill be having for 20 more days aftr tht ill continue with only bsnl i tried to bridge connections but was not possible ill read those posts and get back

QUOTE(chethancj @ Oct 13 2006, 07:44 PM) [snapback]65215[/snapback]
today i got dataone UL 900 plan and i also have sify pure unlimited 256 kbps both are connected but wen i download anithing the sending/receiveing in system tray is happening only from one connection i.e bsnl and sify connec is idle.. wen i disconnect bsnl i can use sify.

can someone tell me how do i dwnload or use both connections at once pls
[/b]

Have you been on linux it would be simple to do these things with policy routing and iptables tweak 😉

"fusing" that seshu pointed is quite nice...u can use it...just download the trial version of wingate as u don't plan to run it for long anyhow...i've tried it and it's really cool...enjoy!!! 😀

i installed wingate and started wingate engine still only bsnl lan is being used sify is not doing anythin

like i said before u cant really combine two connections just with software, u're just load balancing them.. and u'll find that you will be unable to use the full bandwidth in most cases.. however if u are unwilling to buy new hardware then i guess its the way to go

hey guys its very simple. there is no need of any extra software and hardware. B) Just install two different browsers on your system may one be internet exploerer and another can be opera, firefox. and configure both the browers to use two different connections. see internet options >>connections in internet explorer.both the browser will download two different file with two different connections at the same time.i too have one 900 datone plan and sify night unlimited i use to do it on my pcsuppose i want to download a movie it takes me 15 hrs to download a 2 cd film with single connection.but using both connection i download 1 cd from bsnl and another from sify and hence takes me 7-8 hrs. isn't that great and single movie cd in just 3.5 - 4 hrs 🙂if u guys like my suggestion then reply me. share your tweaks, softwares and other stuffs with me.i have 2.88Ghz core 2 duo processor 4gb of ram ddr2 msi motherboard nvidia graphics card with 256ram dvd writer 17" TFT Display and 400 Gb of Harddisk ya 400 Gb (2 x 200gb samsung with 12mb buffer sata)