• Thread starter Thread starter dOne
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 5,663

dOne

Curious
ISP
BSNL 500 Combo
Just seen the news that AirTel has slashed BB tariff's. It's also mentioned that BSNL and MTNL will soon respond.

Bharti sparks a broadband battle- Hindustan Times

Anyone has idea like how much they(BSNL/MTNL) might reduce.
Also I would like to know what you will prefer, existing speed i.e. 2MBPS with less tariff or more speed like 8MBPS for existing tariff. Don't expect both!!!

Looks like you have not been looking at the Airtel sub-forum. This is old news, and many members already have the new plans.

Dude, he is asking about the changes in BSNL/MTNL's tariffs. He already knows about the new Airtel tariffs.

Oops, I just read the first part where he mentioned reading about Airtel's tariffs only recently 🙁

Bsnl will be launching the new tariff's by 15th August, guess they are already working on the same

The news is here too The Hindu Business Line : Airtel drops broadband tariffs by up to 43%

In what could trigger a speed war in the broadband segment, Bharti Airtel has decided to drop tariffs for its various broadband plans by up to 43 per cent.

The company has reduced the monthly fee for 1Mbps speed connection from Rs 2,999 to Rs 1,699 and is also offering additional free value-added services such as games and software worth Rs 500.
Unlimited download

Bharti Airtel has also dropped tariff for the 512 kbps connection by 31 per cent from Rs 1,599 to Rs 1,099 a month, making it one of the cheapest fibre optical cable-based broadband services in the market.

Both these plans offer unlimited download capacity.

Mr K. Srinivas, Joint President, Telemedia Services, Bharti Airtel, told Business Line, “Our internal survey has revealed that subscribers are using more and more bandwidth. From just an average usage of 4Gb a month, broadband users are now using up to 8 Gb. Clearly this kind of usage needs higher speed. The reduction in tariffs is to present an industry first – increased access to ‘true and rich’ broadband experience by making high speed broadband more affordable and offering VAS content on broadband that enriches the customer’s experience.”
Value addition

Bharti has packed in value-added services such as games on demand and anti-virus software. Additionally, download limits on 8 Mbps and 16 Mbps plans have been doubled to 50 GB and 100 GB respectively.

Bharti’s move comes even as other telecom players including Tata Teleservices and Reliance Communications are going aggressive on their wireless broadband offerings through third generation technology. Tata Communications, for example, is promising up to 3Mbps speed on its Photon Plus data card.

Mr Srinivas, however, claims that since Bharti Airtel’s broadband services are based on fibre optical cable, it offers superior quality. “It is a known fact that nothing can compare to fixed line broadband as subscribers will get the assured speeds all the time. In the wireless segment, speeds vary depending on the number of users on the network and spectrum availability,” he said.

Both Tata Tele and RCoM also have fibre optical cable-based broadband services and may follow suit with better offerings for the consumer.

Airtel was the first to launch a 16Mbps broadband connection earlier this year. The company offers fibre-optical cable based services in 95 cities and has just over a million broadband users.

Bsnl will be launching the new tariff's by 15th August, guess they are already working on the same
are you sure about thaT? or just hoping?

^^ Dude, BSNL is a PSU, and August 15 is a very special day for them as well as us (I-Day). They usually launch something new or reduce tariff on that day.

I hope BSNL introduces a heavy cut in the prices. They cannot compete on the speed front anyway. If they can come up with some really cheap high speed unlimited plans, like 1 Mbps unlimited uncapped for 1200 bucks or lesser, it would be amazing. Well, atleast till then, I have bragging rights over my colleague who has a BSNL connection which is costlier than mine 😀

just go and get Airtel Broadband...I've been using it for more than 2.5 years without any hassles and speeds are more than what they have committed..customer service they are providing is awesome rectifying any problem within 2 Hours... So think Again..:yahoo:

I dont think the present setup would think of reducing the limits / speed / charges of BSNL for their present duration of 5 years. In the years to come, BSNL would be driven into oblivion and all pvt players would be offering competitive schemes.

just go and get Airtel Broadband...I've been using it for more than 2.5 years without any hassles and speeds are more than what they have committed..customer service they are providing is awesome rectifying any problem within 2 Hours... So think Again..:yahoo:

The problem with Airtel (as I think) is that it is not widespread as like in many areas where people 'do' want their services but can not have as they have not laid their network there.
Although I am happy with my connection I also wish Airtel were present in my area.

True. That is the main reason. There are many areas which Airtel has ignored. 🙁