• Thread starter Thread starter sunnykinger
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 5,573

sunnykinger

Regular
ISP
BSNL BROADBAND
BSNL has decided to offer free trial of 15 days for new broadband customers registering their demand for broadband under any plan upto 31st March 2008.
Terms and conditions :

[*] The existing wireline customers of BSNL can book for any plan of broadband and will be provided free broadband usage for first 15 days and the billing will start after completion of free period.
[*] The customer will be entitled to have a free downloading/uploading limit of 0.5 GB (within free period of 15 days).
[*] In case customer does not want to continue with the scheme and intimates this to the concerned field units before expiry of 15 days, the connection will be closed.
[*] Customer will be free to choose any plan of his choice at the time of registering the demand with BSNL.
[*] All charges, as applicable for the chosen broadband plan, shall be payable by the customer after free trial period of 15 days is over and customer decides to continue with the broadband connection.
[*] Only type-I modems will be supplied free to the customer during the free trial period.
[/list]

SOURCE :
Code:
[url=http://bsnl.co.in/newsdetailed.php?news_id=406]Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd- Latest News[/url]

free means totally free not 500mb free usage😕

This is interesting..anyways will they be charging Registration and other charges for the new customers?

I am thinking to apply for it, so normally how much time it takes BSNL to give the connection guys ?

No idea, will depend on the availability of DSLAM port in ur area and also availability of routers if u r planning to rent them from BSNL.

3 months average...2 months for landline and then you get internet...if you have landline then it will be quicker.

yes free installation and service for 15 days only.after that u get charged... mind you alot of the people will finish 512MB in 2 days. so if you are not sure of a long time comitment better not get it.🙂

this, and the new plan 125, is a sign that BSNL must be really desperate to get those subscriber numbers to avoid punishment (i hope) from TRAI forcing them to allow other players access to the last mile...

Vishal,More than desperate, It shows they are becoming aggressive in capturing market share. It is a good sign of development for a PSU. Even in Bangalore they have announced Rs. 125 scheme . Let's see what others going to announce.

Srini i heard from a friend that airtel really sucks in banglore. which ISP is most popular in terms of value for money and service?🙂

yes, i have a few buddies in Bangalore and they have the same opinion about in Airtel..well, in Some Areas in Bangalore their services are great and other areas it sucks..and they do not have great plans also.I think BSNL has a good customer base there.

BSNL is good in terms of Value for money and its robustness in Bangalore. But there is a delay in customer support and setting up the infrastructure for you. Thats the only draw back with them. Of late they have changed their strategy towards Bangalore. I guess there are some good plans like for Rs. 500 you will get NU usage or Unlimited usage( Better plans). This plan they have not given it for Karnataka(Bangalore), But they have given it in other states.I had applied for it 1.5 months back. I am yet to get one. I am currently using Tata Indicom's dialup network. I am waiting for it.MAC, Airtel is a bit costly in Bangalore. They are trying to market their 8Mbps BB for which there not yet a segment available. About the quality and Customer support i think they are good.

Vishal,
More than desperate, It shows they are becoming aggressive in capturing market share. It is a good sign of development for a PSU. Even in Bangalore they have announced Rs. 125 scheme . Let's see what others going to announce.

I dont consider giving measly 150 mb download limit (even if its just rs 125) as a "good sign of development" 🙂