BSNL ODISHA

• Thread starter Thread starter Ranjan635
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 1,615
ISP
bsnl
The whole country(except for andman) has all the same plans where as in Odisha i have no fiber ultra and fiber premium available to us. There are only 3 plans available to us. There is fiber premium plus available for Odisha which doesn't have Hotstar bundled to it so paying 300 extra while getting less benefits doesn't make sense. I don't understand why this step motherly attitude towards Odisha. when I complained on twitter they responded by saying its the decision of the bsnl corporate office New-Delhi. what next to do?

Odisha is very backward in internet connectivity. There are no major private players in the state. There is lack of demand of high speed broadband in the state. No local ISP is present here. Govt internet cos keep on providing horrible costly plans to the state and milk money from us. The case you're facing with BSNL is also with Railwire, another govt ISP.

@ch@ndlerbing Their are private players in all big cities of Odisha , Bhubaneswar for instance has Jio , Alliance ,Siti ,And few homegrown isps like Jetspot ,Wefe

Coming to the BSNL plans in Odisha I recently filed a RTI for that why 799/999 is not available is Odisha ,

The reply I got was it's because they don't feel Odisha has enough bandwidth penetration , Usage and moreover cost to implement the same.

Just 3 days back they installed a 10GE connection to baripada region from Cuttack which was earlier only 1.7GE.(Source - Twitter)

So in sort they don't have the right systems to provide such amount of data and bandwidth as of now ,but they are constantly working to make it better.

I am not defending BSNL ,but just laying out facts ,I myself uses a Fiber Premium Plus 1277 plan which is supposed to be 200Mbps but in peak hours I get 120-140 Mbps only.

Hope they upgarde their server fast.

A good new Airtel Broadband is launching is Bhubaneswar from Nandankanan to Jaydev Vihar by Diwali this year.(Source - Airtel Express ,Chandrasekharpur)

Maybe BBSR-Cuttack region has multiple ISP. But I don't find the similar situation in Western Odisha region. There is lack of alternatives here. In my Sambalpur City, Jio is still not present in many areas. Railwire provides services.

True ,Except the few major cities like BBSR ,CTK , Berhampur ,RKL ,rest towns / cities have little to none in terms of good ISP.

I wouldn't say even Bhubaneswar is good in terms of "good ISP" coverage. JetSpot seems to have improved in pricing a bit but can't say about service as I haven't used them. Stuck with RailWire as it is unfortunately the only good ISP who has good pings and is available in my area.

i live in angul the alliance bb offered me 100mbps @1499+ gst which is looting in day light. there is no jio fiber also. and if airtel launches in bbsr in 2021 then it will come to angul by 2023 i guess. this is horrible

Last edited by a moderator:
@Ranjan635 Can you file a PG Portal Complaint in telecom section ,it takes 10 mins and just ask why such differences in plan for Alliance ,As per their official websites ,U shud be billing as per these tariff ,In Bhubaneswar also vendors are following these ROI Packages
Source

@royalroy It's popular whereever it's available ,due to the traffis ,also in Bhubaneswar they are providing Static IP's for all their connections, Speeds and Uptime as advertised.

I have used Alliance for an Year ,Downtime in a whole year was for around 12-16 hr only ,and no speed drops ,Maybe my LCO was too good.

Recently I shifted to another location within the city and due to unavailability I had to choose BSNL.
Although it does the job ,But I am paying more for what I getting.

They don't provide public static IP. They only provide private static IP with all ports blocked. Useless anyway. For a public static IP, they charge Rs 300 plus GST per month or Rs 3000 plus GST per year.

Sambalpur i think has good enough isps now, jio is available in like most of main city and their service has been great, barely 15min downtime in over a year.
They are also starting airtel broadband upto 300mbps in 1-2months(Source- airtel express, budharaja)
Before bsnl, i had railwire, they also have good service but slightly more expensive (999+tax for 100mbps)
Then there is local isps- nexus, knet both of them are very bad. Knet is ridiculously expensive and nexus has downtime almost every other day.

@anshuman852 Oh okay. I live in Dhanupali. Jio have not started their services here yet. I'm asking them from past 2 years and Jio stores always say it'll come to this side in 3-4 months. Currently using Railwire, I'm completely satisfied with the services and speed. I just hope they reduce their prices a bit.