BSNL not allows VoIP

• Thread starter Thread starter sam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 3,959

sam

First of all I just want to know whether BSNL provides router based broadband connection or not? And I heard from a few customers that BSNL does not allow VoIP devices to be connected to their broadband connection. Is it true? If I want to connect my VoIP device ( eg. Cisco ATA 186) with BSNL broadband connection, what should I do?

Connect the device to the Router either directly or through a switch. 😀

well, with the VoIP revolution going on, they can't afford to "not allow" it on their connections 😀

BSNL has pulled off "Webfone" Service though !!!It used to offer VoIP ISD calls at Rs 4.5 😀What's their intention, anyway ??? :blink:

Actualy the cost of making an overseas telephone call has reduced drastically. The call charges to US / Canada from BSNL PSTN costs Rs 7.20, while the maximum ISD call charge is Rs 12.So people are now relectant to use WebFone.

But its still nearly 3/- lower though !They shut down VoIP. Will they do the same with consumers ?

Also, the voice quality is poor, which is admited by BSNL itself in their website.And this is a good thing of BSNL. They say exactly what they are. There is no exaggeration .

so does that mean that Skype and Yahoo! Messenger's new call feature won't work???? 🤔