BSNL News & Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 71
  • Views Views 16,271
Duh!!! Where is the fkuing resources aka spectrum, networking gears needed to compete with others. Oh wait... We were promoting Atmanirbharta while other telcos politely used Korean, Chinese, European gears to keep minting money.
While granted BSNL has issues, govt played an important role in ensuring BSNL never stood to compete with others.
We truly have a competent telco minister. Just stating a fact!

Last edited:

What is the threat? Is it that supposed statement to work better or get sacked?

Yup....
I believe the latter concern is more genuine. Without spectrum or gears, they won't earn revenue which would mean the taxpayers money for their revival would go down the drain.

I think the Govt is making efforts to use this company for their own machinations especially with regards to the infra on the border, rural areas and places where no sane pvt company wants to go. As for those working hours I am not sure how much of it is true given these union's tendency to hype up the problem to gain sympathy. If these leeches work even 8 hours a day sincerely it'll be a miracle! They are used to an easy work life, lifetime employment, pensions and of course bribes.

They do not work, forget about 10-12 hours a day. Their typical day is 'Come to office > Chai Time > Samosa Time > Lunch Break (yay!) > Gossip Time > Chai Time (x2) > It's time to go'

They are just scared because the govt is asking them to sacrifice their Chai & Samosa time. Even a single hour is 12 hours for them. Leechad!

Give a guy an old 303 rifle that may not work, some expired bullets that may not fire and then ask him to work well as a security defending against AK-47 trotting professional fighters.
And then scold them that they are not working.

Yes, because they gave the SKS to the same guy but he couldn't use it properly (after a lot of training) so the masters are worried if they should invest the money and time and buy him an AK-47.

BSNL Guys - "Hamko kya hai hamari pension mil hi jayegi, le lete hai VRS" 😂

If government is real strict this time then I'm sure once again we'll see good stuff with BSNL. But they have nothing which differentiates them from private telcos. What's the benifit of being PSU then?
Plans are same...

If they want to attract customers they need to be more competitive. No 2 ways about it. Charging the same amount for what many see as a sub standard service as private providers is madness. The only reason that I have a BSNL line is becase it is a legacy and some relatives prefer to call on the landline 🙄

Last edited:
To be fair, the service has been uninterrupted since June with the exception of once which took place during a partial blackout in Pune due to HV lines outside Pune going down which in turn were caused by heavy rains and moisture condensation. A power outage could affect any service provider. The LCO has been fairly easy to get in touch with and he's pretty cooperative. At about Rs 499 + GST per month for my old landline + a 30 meg fibre internet connection I have little cause to complain so far.

So, BSNL is bad but not that bad. Also, Airtel and TPBB are good but there are some areas of service where Airtel in particular has lost my vote.

There are still some people who want BSNL to prosper and provide good service. But then, they get camouflaged with the bad news, corruption and what not and hence, one of the reasons for complaints. Right now they are 1/50 people, this needs to be 40/50 and finally 50/50.