BSNL New Plans - Speed tests - What's your speed?

Yes, I don’t remember the actual size but it was very big in size that it took days to download. And nowadays we download GBs in a go

@partymonger what plan u have opted for....???

I have opted for Fibre value and i am getting the following.... Was expecting to cross 100 :/
1601570578950.webp

I remember downloading windows 8 back in 2013. I used to have a connection of 512kb. It took me 7 days to download the whole file of 9gb or something.
512kb in 2013 is slow af. I got 2Mbps in 2007 and 40Mbps in 2014. But improvements after that didn’t give the same fun 😂 Now 50 or 100 or 200 all feel same most of the time.

@Gaurav15 You were among the lucky ones then. Despite being in heart of cities like Chandigarh and South Delhi I was stuck with 512kbps till 2015 March. Only then after shifting to a new house in Chandigarh and changing ISP I got on a 2Mbps plan.

My timeline:

2004-2015 : 512 Kbps
2015-2016 : 2 Mbps
2016-2017 : 5 Mbps
2017-2020 : 24 Mbps
2020 - Present : 30Mbps

We had 64KBps ADSL on 2013, plan was 500-600 something. The jump to 128K a few years after was immense at the same plan. Then they upped the limit even further to 8mbps and rate increased to 650, that was the time when FUPs were introduced, don't remember exactly what the limit was but after limit it was 1mbps (128K). Later we switched to 10mbps - 2mbps (post fup) at 150gb for 675. Now, 777 at 50mbps 500gb.

These jumps won't feel that pronounced until you go back to the old speeds.

Speed is latency though, BSNL should start improving that not just bandwidth.

@jelegend I had BSNL dial up which was around 28kbps (download speeds around 3kBps). In 2007 we got BSNL ADSL 2Mbps plan, ₹250/mo over telephone bill, 1GB/mo data and bill would explode if we breached that. We continued that ADSL connection till last year when we got BSNL FTTH, the speeds on ADSL at that time were 8-10Mbps due to line quality though the plan was 20Mbps. Disconnected BSNL FTTH this month to get Jio (this was just for cheaper plans and not speed). I wasn’t living here all this time and I got ACT in Bangalore in 2014, 40Mbps/200GB FUP.

Downloading Gta V on 512kbps was the real deal when they had fup of like 8gb @ 1091 something. it took me 2-3 months downloading it every day through torrent. and then when Jio started through lyf, :3 I downloaded at a single night through steam.
I remember keeping movies to download throughout entire night to download of just size 1-2 gb a decade back xD

I hope ping improves after upgrading from 777 to fibre value plan. It's getting a bit unstable right now

Ping will not improves unless they improves their routing, which is kind of difficult when even the bsnl employees dont even know what is a ping?😅

Did anyone get a SMS/Email after their plan got upgraded ? I don't want to keep checking the Selfcare portal every 8 hours to check if it has been updated increasing the traffic for others

No I didn't get any notifications after my plan activated on selfcare

Ping will not improves unless they improves their routing, which is kind of difficult when even the bsnl employees dont even know what is a ping?😅
Heard that people using 100mbps and above get different ip's starting from 59 and not 117. Which have improved routing. I don't know if its true, but I can try.