BSNL new FTTH connection

• Thread starter Thread starter Vickey007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 1,637
ISP
Excitel Fiber Gurugram
Hello Everyone

I am thinking to switch my BSNL Landline to FTTH with 100 MBPS plan.

So my question is what amount I have to pay in advance or everything will be Billed?

I have more than 4000 rs of security deposit with BSNL for my current landline number.

And if I move to FTTH, do I have to pay anything?
Like for ONT/ONU (whatever BSNL provide), do I have to pay in advance? Or will it billed or deducted from security deposit?
By the way, modem will be dual band or single band?
And any plan price, do I have to pay it as well or BSNL will adjust everything from my current security deposit?

Has anyone done same before?

Please update

how 4000 bro ?

I have landline from 2002, that time we paid about 2000 rs with 1500 rs as security deposit. And few years back when I was using BSNL ADSL, that time once I took 2800 rs broadband plan for few months. And that's how my security deposit increased to 4300 wih BSNL.

I think BSNL allows one to keep the same landline number while switching from DSL to FTTH. Logically, they should adjust security deposit with what you’ve already paid (for landline and broadband), but you’ll probably have to pay for installation.

The best thing to do would be to contact your telephone exchange.

Ok, I got call from BSNL and guys said, they can not switch my current landline to FTTH as this facility is currently not available with them.

About charges, he (LCO) just told me that BSNL charges 2600+GST for ONT/ONU which is GPON based.
I think it's too high.
Other than that he said Sycrotech ones will not work with his OLT.

And didn't gave any other installation charges details.

What should I do?