BSNL New Delhi

• Thread starter Thread starter pranjal53
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 5,945
ISP
airtel
Hey I was wondering if BSNL SIM card is available in New Delhi or not?
I am in Janakpuri so I tried visiting the MTNL office first ( It was a nightmare, With almost no one there, it was kinda scary) one guy told me that BSNL SIM cards are only available in Janpath area and nowhere else and I could maybe get a MTNL SIM card with 3G Plans with lifetime validity. Another guy said I would have to go either to Gurgaon or Noida for BSNL SIM cards. Does anyone know where I can get a BSNL SIM card as I don't wanna go to Janpath for a SIM card.

I doubt bsnl service has started in Delhi yet.

If I purchase BSNL sim from 10digi which circle will I be using for recharge and will there be any roaming charges? Anyone using a BSNL SIM card in New Delhi?

So I ported to BSNL , My iPhone shows it as a BSNL network and I am even getting sms from BSNL on this number yet I cannot make calls or anything. I tried calling 1507 but that doesn't work. I sent a text for roaming and chose Vodafone network as well but when I do that it just goes to no network. On the BSNL app it says please select a valid number for recharge. Moreover 1800-180-1503 doesn't work at all, it keeps saying the network is congested or number does not exist when trying to call from Jio.

I had a similar issue. Turned out that the FRC was not done on my number. Had to go back to the dealer and ask him to do the FRC recharge again.

@shantam2005 That worked! FRC wasn't done, called 10digi and they did FRC and now its working, I am able to make phone calls. Though one thing, in the BSNL App it still says number invalid and isn't letting me check my plan details, any clue why? and the number is of Haryana so should I keep roaming on and select VI network or let it be automatic?

@igloo 10digi! Ported to BSNL from home. They buy BSNL number from Haryana and yes I ported my Delhi Vi Number

Last edited:
Not sure about the roaming part but I guess you should keep it on automatic to avoid hassle when you move out of the NCR area

and the number is of Haryana so should I keep roaming on and select VI network or let it be automatic?
So when BSNL sim is roaming in Delhi.. you are on Vi.... 2G, 3G or 4G?
and is it automatic or you have to manually select Vi?
And though this does not seem possible but does VoWIFI work(since Vi VoWIFI works in Delhi)...

@shantam2005 I will try that! but I don't know why BSNL selfcare app says invalid number

@ijsa So I am not sure about that, I did call 10digi and they asked me to put the sim to 3G and put on roaming but select the provider as Dolphin but when I google BSNL New Delhi it tells me to switch to Vodafone network and use that.
As of now it is set to automatic LTE. I have data roaming on but haven't sent the text to turn on vi roaming in Delhi yet. It works so I guess I don't have to switch to Vi manually. It stays on Dolphin and since I haven't chosen VI, VoWifi doesn't work. Also Vi roaming on BSNL has charges for incoming calls as well but I think it is when you buy a BSNL sim from Janpath office in Delhi and not when the sim is from Haryana. I remember while porting as well, they put my current address as some random place in Haryana and permanent address as the one in New Delhi

Edit: It stays on 3G. Its good I mean for my secondary sim I was tired of Vi increasing tariff. BSNL has a low tariff and I just need this number for sms services. The connectivity is surprisingly good.

Last edited: