BSNL - NETGear WGR614 router configuration???

• Thread starter Thread starter ikumaran
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 5,537

ikumaran

ISP
Dataone
Hi,

I purchased a new Netgear WGR614 router, to access internet from my laptop thru wireless.

I gone thru some configuration procedure in this forum and was able to get my internet work when my LAN is connected to my PC. But when i connect using my wireless internet, it doesnt connect.

PS: I already have a NETGEAR ADSL 2+ modem DM111P. Now i also added a NETGear WGR614 wireless-G 54 router.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I purchased a new Netgear WGR614 router, to access internet from my laptop thru wireless.

I gone thru some configuration procedure in this forum and was able to get my internet work when my LAN is connected to my PC. But when i connect using my wireless internet, it doesnt connect.

PS: I already have a NETGEAR ADSL 2+ modem DM111P. Now i also added a NETGear WGR614 wireless-G 54 router.

Thanks in advance.

Are you using dialer" mode / " bridged " in WAN page ?
Uncheck Box and select PPP/PPPoE and enter your userId (without @bsnl.in) and PW in the WAN page.
3. In Lan page enable DHCP range say 192.168.1.3 to 192.168.1.10
Save reboot . wait for 2 minutes.
4. try the wizard for WGR614.
5. Presume you have created a WLAn in your laptop
( Start Accessories/communications/ Wireless network Wizard )
Feedback. wait.....
REF:My Part (): Setting NETGEAR Wireless Router WGR614v7 for BSNL broadband

Are you using dialer" mode / " bridged " in WAN page ?
I guess I am guessing dialer mode. My internet is always on and my modem is configured to always on mode. But plz let me know, how to check.

Uncheck Box and select PPP/PPPoE and enter your userId (without @bsnl.in) and PW in the WAN page.
3. In Lan page enable DHCP range say 192.168.1.3 to 192.168.1.10
Save reboot . wait for 2 minutes.
4. try the wizard for WGR614.
5. Presume you have created a WLAn in your laptop
( Start Accessories/communications/ Wireless network Wizard )
Feedback. wait.....
REF:My Part (): Setting Netgear Wireless Router WGR614v7 for BSNL broadband

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

thnaks a lot... I am able to connect to my router wirelessly... 🙂

your modem DM111P should be in Bridged mode and ur router WGR614 should be in PPPoE mode with UN & PW entered. the Ethernet port should be connected to the Internet port of the router.If you want to keep your modem in PPPoE mode then connect your modem's ethernet port to Ethernet 1-4 ports of the router and use it as an access point.