BSNL modem type 1 {Using multi connection with the help of a switch}Type 2 not availabe with BSNL

• Thread starter Thread starter cruiser91
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,883

cruiser91

ISP
BSNL 3G
Hi Guys,

I am coming back after a long interval here... 😛

Well I had a technical query which I hope will be solved here...

I have taken Broadband plan of Rs1350per month. But BSNL people dont have Type 2 Modems with them. And we dont want to spend 2k by purchasing it frm outside.

So my query is .... Can I use Type 1 modem with Switch/hub to access net on 4 computers. Like connection the ethernet Cable from modem directly to HUb/switch and other ethernet cable to other ports of hub/switch..

Please reply ...

----------

yaar ...plz koi reply toh karo...

Logically this should work. Just make sure you provide the default gateway correctly in your computer.

Yes, if you are good networking try ICS or any other option that you feels right. Only thing you need to be careful is that you should be in PPPoE mode.

I was searching internet for solution ....and one solution I got was... Connect the modem to a computer via USB and other pc via hub/swithc... Thus makin a computer "Server" rest other as client....But I dont want such messy situation... Cant it be done connection modem directly to the hub as other pcs

Configure your modem/router in PPPoE mode.... connect it to a switch/hub.... connect all the PC's to the switch/hub...ensure all PC's set to "obtain IP address automatically" and on the same workgroup...this is my setup in one of my offices and its working perfectly....

Configure your modem/router in PPPoE mode.... connect it to a switch/hub.... connect all the PC's to the switch/hub...
ensure all PC's set to "obtain IP address automatically" and on the same workgroup...

this is my setup in one of my offices and its working perfectly....

agreed