BSNL Modem settings

• Thread starter Thread starter hpotter
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 2,050

hpotter

ISP
Reliance
I want to apply for bsnl 750 rs 512kbps unlimited. So for that i filled the online form and one person came to my home for collecting documents.He informed that there is some charge know Modem Config. Charge of rs. 250 which will come in the first bill. he also said that i can exclude myself from this charge if i want to config my modem myselfNow afaik from my previous experience with bsnl the bsnl guy who came to my house only configures the ipv4 and dns settings in the windows lan properties. So if this is so called modem config., that i guess i can save myself few bucks by entering ip address my self.BTW can anybody tell me what are the values for ip, default gateway, dns1 and dns2 for bsnl(chandigarh).Thanks in advance

Set vpi/vci to 0 / 35Connection mode to - ppoeuser name - obtain from bsnlpassword - passwordSet dns to auto. Done.

Since you are accessing the Internet nowassume you have an adsl line. BB connection.or you access Internet by other means ? cyber cafe/Cellphone/friend's ?can you you access the modem settings ?Any idea about the modem make/number you are getting from BSNL ?Instructions above more than enough to connect.See stickyPost above wa3002-g4 quick reference for a video link also.