BSNL.Modem Bricked. HELP PLZ.....

Piyush Chandra

Curious!
ISP
BSNL-DSL
Hi everyone.Im in a real hard problem and cant figure its way out.I have a bsnl bb connc. running bsnl type 2 adsl2+ cpe/ide modem (AN1020-20).i was facing freq. disconnc. problem so wt i did i factory resetted the whole modem from the login page (192.168.1.1).From then onwrds i reconfigured internet config (pppoe) but now the green light is not cuming at all. only the power and dsl (yellow) light os dre. Threr is no internet light. and i cant connect to net unless its onhow can i fix it. have i bricked.my modem. is it damaged. everythin workin ok excpt he green light doesn lights upafter tje dsl light gets conatant.Also i did hardware reset. (back side reset button in tje.modem.guys need ur urgent help. how can i fix it and do ot back to normal so that tje green lights shows up again ???????

as far as i know, if your adsl link is stable then your modem should be ok.try connecting in bridge mode, i.e. giving username & password !!

Yes my dsl link is stable and i have went tbrough the mannual posted and have done exactly thatstill my dsl is stable but green light hasnt turnd up yet. o dont know wats the problem.have also talked.to bsnl officials dey say that progrmming hat gyi hai.Have filed.a complain but the guy hasnt turned up since yezterday. Have reconfigured using ppoe as it was before but yet.no success.Wt to do now. is resetting such a bad thing. its been two days now.wt else can i do.

no. resetting shouldn't do any harm other than the pain of reconfiguring again.

----------

try bridge mode and see what error you get !!!

GOOD NEWS GUYS~~
My internet just connected and showing green light. i called up the main bb offcial at the bsnl office...
.wthe did he provided me with a wrong password. She said it has to be in caps. but realising it wasnt the fact.
I again talked to them and want confirmed this time that it would connect but it did.

but guys i m facing frequent disconnection (majorly in the mornings)

SNR (DOWNSTREAM) - 37.5 (UPSTREAM) - 24.5

LINE ATTENUATION (DOWNSTREAM) - 30.5 (UPSTREAM) - 19.5

its been since a week that I am m facing this trouble and majorly in the mornings.
it gets connected and disconnected very frequently. and it did just now. and also dsl takes time to be stable.
also checked my line...my line is fine

so what should i do in this case.
----------
is my line readings bad? have check the readings in the link given above
but it doesn confirm that it upstream or downstream.....?

I dont.have a wifi so no use of the above postyed link its clearly mentioned that its adsl2+ so its wired.
Which link ?
bsnl type 2 adsl2+ cpe/ide modem (AN1020-20).
the menu pages are diffferent ?
Post as a link the connection status screen shot of your modem.

And also i have one more thing to ask
i have connected mt phone line directly to my adsl modem (just to save the wiring hassle and also to skip the
signal loss through components and extra lengthy wiring and also i dont need the landline)

but reading some mannual here and the posts....guys hre tell not to do so and is not recommended.
its advised to use a splitter to connect the line to modem. think most of you have that done.

can u plz tell me y dis is so advised to use a splitter tho i have noticed instant speeds
using the line directly to my modem without the splliter.

can some1 explain me....still y it is recommended???

----------
no the menu page hasnt changed a bit. its just the same as it was. no additional meny added so far.

Unable to reply till you confirm the model you have is listed in Calcutta Telephones site,or same as most screen shots shown in the link/s posted in this thread.Use the ADSL splitter for the phone and forget it. ( compulsory ) Connect Modem directly or through ADSL splitter. ( both same )

bridge mode would straight-away have shown the invalid password error. it easier to diagnose faults in bridge mode.

check for & fasten any loose joints and your attenuation should fall. other than that all is good.

----------

splitter is required to
1. save the modem from any power surges that may occur in the copper wire.
2. enable a telephone to be used at the same time without any noise or adsl signal loss.

yea i have high attenuation and it should be low......but from my pole to my home there is not a single joint. its a one pice copper wire. tho i have ample amount of wire in my room that line man has leaved so i just folded it tight.also i just check my line. there is no noise but yes today there is disturbance in the line. and is audible.wt can i do for it. have to call line man??

@ess, the splitter saved my old Huawei modem from burn out. Somewhere in the length of the telephone wire(exchange to my place), an AC line had come in contact with the telephone line. The circuitry in the splitter fused out beyond repair but my modem, worth 2000 bucks that time, was saved from any damage.

----------

yes, you need a lineman's assistance. the line should be absolutely free of any noise.