BSNL Line Man is Declining To Provide FTTH Connection

• Thread starter Thread starter Yugal
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 3,902
ISP
BSNL
I have been using BSNL ADSL Broadband for four years but due to very poor speed wish to change to FTTH Connection. BSNL has laid Optical Fiber Cables only 100 Metres away from my home at the Main Road more than 3 years ago still they are declining to provide the connection. Whom should I complain?

If BSNL has Nodal? Complain to them.

Also report to their Twitter Account.

I tried to get BSNL Fiber connection for last couple of years, approached every BSNL employee, SDE, DE and even GM but they didn't bother.

Few months ago, I received a promotional e-mail from BSNL regarding their Bharat Fiber, with a link to fill contact details if interested. I did so & few days later received a call from Pune number, asking me if I am still want to get their Fiber connection. I said yes and within 2-3 days I got a call from local number saying, they are franchise of BSNL. After a day later a guy came & taken ID, filled forms and promised that connection will be live within 7 days.

Got my connection up & running within 5 days. Even they ran 400 meters of fiber for me.

Here is page of BSNL which I used to show interest > BSNL CUSTOMER CARE

I have been using BSNL ADSL Broadband for four years but due to very poor speed wish to change to FTTH Connection. BSNL has laid Optical Fiber Cables only 100 Metres away from my home at the Main Road more than 3 years ago still they are declining to provide the connection. Whom should I complain?

In 99% of the areas, BSNL offers fiber based on franchise model. If you haven't got fiber, then there is no franchise in your district to take up fiber.

@abhi5819 I applied for fiber through the link a few months ago. Got a call from the call center too. Then, no more communication. Simply because, no LCO is interested in becoming a franchise of BSNL for fiber in our district. The wait may take another 5 or 10 years when there is more demand.

No LCO is interested to become a franchise of BSNL becaues they are worried about non payment of dues thanks to the financial mess.

Valid concern. Non payment of dues may not be a concern in my district, as LCO can simply cut the fiber, resulting in loss of revenue for BSNL as well. BSNL wouldn't want to loss the regular revenue by not paying the dues to LCO.

The reason here in my district for lack of interest, is probably due to the fact that there is no single LCO that operates the entire district. BSNL tender document in most districts clearly states that the tender is far the entire district.

Even if Jio fiber launches in areas where BSNL already operates, there may be a mass migration to Jio fiber, due to non-payment of dues or some other factors. But, fiber will stay.

I tried to get BSNL Fiber connection for last couple of years, approached every BSNL employee, SDE, DE and even GM but they didn't bother.

Few months ago, I received a promotional e-mail from BSNL regarding their Bharat Fiber, with a link to fill contact details if interested. I did so & few days later received a call from Pune number, asking me if I am still want to get their Fiber connection. I said yes and within 2-3 days I got a call from local number saying, they are franchise of BSNL. After a day later a guy came & taken ID, filled forms and promised that connection will be live within 7 days.

Got my connection up & running within 5 days. Even they ran 400 meters of fiber for me.

Here is page of BSNL which I used to show interest > BSNL CUSTOMER CARE
Do you able to retain ur old landline number?

@minuteman As per BSNL, migration of old number to fiber is not possible. Though I am keeping my old number and going to change ADSL combo plan to Rs. 129/- (Super Value Plan) Landline only plan.

I think, BSNL has already updated their PSTN network to IP/VoIP termed as Next Gen Network. And migration is possible. But who wants to argue with BSNL 🙂

I just hope the existing LCOs don't stop providing services due to the financial issues and possible payment delays. 🤷‍♂️

My LCO do not provide BSNL FTTH connection now since no payments received from BSNL. I had a plan to switch over to BSNL from Keralavision , but this LCO guy told me that to stick with Keralavision as many LCO nearby are started disconnecting BSNL connections and he may also join them. So I have dropped the plan 🙁

The reason here in my district for lack of interest, is probably due to the fact that there is no single LCO that operates the entire district. BSNL tender document in most districts clearly states that the tender is far the entire district.

Interesting, at least at my place, it doesn't look like they are looking for an LCO who operates in the entire district, that would really be difficult to achieve. However they are certainly not entertaining very small LCOs who service just a small area either.

In my case, a larger operator appears to have taken the contract and then sublet it to other smaller LCOs, but the main operator certainly doesn't cover the entire district.

Last edited:
@minuteman You will receive a call from their Call Center within a week & then they will forward the lead to the local BSNL office or franchise.

It depends upon the franchise or BSNL staffs, how quick they are. Probably you will get the working connection between 7-10 working days if feasible.

Installation charges will include ONT (Rs. 2000 approx), One month advance rental of the plan you choose, cable & termination box charges (Rs. 500 - 1000 approx).

BSNL also given ONT on Rs. 90/- per month rent with additional security deposit of Rs. 500 if you don't want to purchase.