BSNL Limited Connectivity Error

• Thread starter Thread starter Surfer
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 13,443

Surfer

ISP
MTNL 590 NU
Hi , I am facing a problem since the last few weeks . I am using the bridge modeand use a dialer for connecting . I have a wireless router and have disabled DHCP . I have assigned a IP on my laptops/Desktops NIC . The problem is that i cannot connect onto the net the first few times i dial in . I get a Limited Connectivity error (Exclamation mark on the network icon on the Taskbar) . I have to try a few times to get it working . Note that the limited connectivity error is from the router to the internet end . There is no issue with the connectivity between the router and the PC . I can access the router with 192.168.1.1 . Doing a Ipconfig /all i can see that the BSNL has assigned a IP to me and even the DNS servers look Ok .I normally use windows vista , but have checked on linux and also on my desktop with a wired connection and am facing the same problem here too .looks like issue with the BSNL end ... but still if anyone has a idea on what this could be , it would be much appreciated .

pls provide your modem/wifi model.your wifi is dialing or you are dialing from pc ?...limited connection problem is due to ip address unavailability, choose option "get ip address automatically" in your pc's.assuming your modem is configured for bridge mode,your wifi router is dialing for connection.

Hi,Ex-BSNL user here.That 'limited connectivity' error is mostly due to faulty modem configuration. I suggest you reset the router and enter details again. Try PPPOE mode once.When I was using bridged mode, I was getting this error most of the time. I contacted JTO. He said our exchange does not support bridged mode and 😕 told me to use PPPOE mode. Everything is working fine since then.

When you get this error go toStart network / Show all connectionsLAN or Wireless lan.Check status or repair option.Connection "enabled" or "disabled". If you get a message "assign IP address failed"Enable DHCP in modem In TCP/IP properties select obtain Ip address automatically. USE OPEN DNS 208.67.220.220 AND 208.67.222.222Try again.Also you can uncheck the button "limited or no connectivity " in the network settings page. Feedback.uPDATE: Just now I had same problem.Restarted computer and added Open dns.OK.

BSNL broadband can be connected on bridge mode and also on PPPoE mode, you can try anything. regarding the limited error connectivity in Internet (TCP/IP)protocol properties assign the following address
ip address: 192.168.1.x (any no from 3 to 250)
subnet mask:255.255.255.0
default gateway: 192.168.1.1

preferred DNS server: 208.67.222.222
alternate DNS server 192.168.1.1,

----------

BSNL broadband can be connected on bridge mode and also on PPPoE mode, you can try anything. regarding the limited error connectivity in Internet (TCP/IP)protocol properties assign the following address
ip address: 192.168.1.x (any no from 3 to 250)
subnet mask:255.255.255.0
default gateway: 192.168.1.1

preferred DNS server: 208.67.222.222
alternate DNS server 192.168.1.1,

All bsnl modems are pre-configured by the technical team and the installation staff simply ignore this issue. Issue can be resolved by resetting the modem and configuring back again on your computer.

Enter the following in TCP/IP propertiesIP = 192.168.1.2Subnet mask = 255.255.255.0Default Gateway = 192.1681.1Preferred DNS = 208.67.222.222Alternate DNS = 208.67.220.220

thanks guys for all your help ..but i had already assigned a ip to my NIC and was always using the OpenDNSservers .. this issue cropped up recently ... the problem is persistent on my laptop using vista or Linux and on my desktop using windows XP and linux ...i am using my own D-Link wireless modem+router with all the correct configurations .... so i guess the issue is either with the router (unlikely) or my exchange ... will call the exchange and verify with them ....will keep you posted on the updates ....

these problems are not related to any ISP. its a problem with your system and router, try to install your network adopter drivers properly, it will work

limited connectivity or no connectivity..using adsl router2+ modem not able to connect 192.168.1.1.....n .........tell me how 2 reset this wireless modem as there is no reset button available

tell me how 2 reset this wireless modem
How do we know the modem make /name of "this" wireless modem ?
see this picture and check whether your modem available .
http://i30.tinypic.com/b6vznd.jpg
Anyway see the bottom of the unit and there
could be a small ROUND hole. near the right side.
Rest will be squarish for ventilation.
Usual reset switch near the power input socket.

for sl2 -141 ( also bottom of modem )
http://i32.tinypic.com/5evcyo.jpg