BSNL let go ADSL Broadband Customers to JIO Fiber, No Customer Retention Plans for ADSL

• Thread starter Thread starter Oppili
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 2,626

Will BSNL introduce Retention plans for ADSL Broadband Customers ?

• Yes

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 88.2%

• Total voters
ISP
BSNL
JIO Fiber installation charges is lower (₹1500/2500) compared to BSNL Fiber.

Further JIO Fiber gives 30 days free and its plan are cheaper than BSNL Fiber.

ADSL customers are forced to opt for JIO Fiber because of non introduction of Customer Retention plans like for BSNL Fiber.

In Jio Fiber unlimited free voice calls can be made through JIO Call app (free app) in Android Phone . BSNL Fiber has no such.

It is not about retention plans. FTTH is much superior tech with better experience. Even if they give retention plans people will not stay on ADSL. (If they have alternative). As of today most ADSL guys don't have option...

That’s true, but BSNL should have paid LCOs on behalf of existing customers for fiber upgrade, it sounds too much but consider it as an investment. This was a good way to retain customers who will now migrate.

Think from customers pov, since they have to go through hassle of getting a new connection, have to pay ₹3500 (in my case, lot of people pay 7-8k), why will they stick to BSNL and not get others.

BSNL is acting cheap here, asking customers to pay for fiber and what not. Pathetic

I'm not bothered about BSNL, but would be using BSNL right now if they were half decent in customer experience. The default choice ISP for many is BSNL, but because of their pathetic policies everyone is quitting it. In my street, literally everyone was on BSNL ADSL, i was the only one who got their FTTH. now everyone in the street has FTTH from some provider but none has BSNL. they lost all customers and are crying for revenue these days but won't fix their policies

Expected BSNL would give 20 mbps unlimited for less than ₹399 for ADSL customers to retain them. 2 years back, to avoid customer shifting to Jio Fiber, BSNL gave Happy Browsing offer and restored pre-fup speeds.
My BSNL ADSL never went past 4.5 Mbps..as the line could not support...area closer to exchange have FTTH anyways now +Jio/other ISP. ..
BSNL can give any daam offer...but the fact remains ..this people will shift to better ISP once available...so why to give them offer anyways..just milk them as long as they are using ADSL

On 10 mbps plan 4GB FUP getting 10 mbps
1601625343996.webp

On 10 mbps plan 4GB FUP getting 10 mbps View attachment 4865
I got 10mbps when I was on 10mbps 150gb fup plan. It was supposed to be 5GB daily but they just gave it all at once.

The problem with ADSL is that speed can vary according to the line condition. That's why I switched to fiber, a lot of people did. They'd just refuse to fix this as long as the line works.

With FTTH you'll get the promised speeds as long as BSNL's routing is good.

Your plan is 629 right? That's too much to pay for asymmetric 10mbps if you have alternatives.

Removed the rant-y bits.

Last edited: