BSNL launches prepaid broadband service

• Thread starter Thread starter farmboy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 68,348
The only prepaid plan that looks pretty okay when compared to postpaid is 1200rs/month for " Upto 512Kbps" unlimited.:imbored:

Link to complete plan details:
http://bsnl.co.in/newsdetailed.php?news_id=485

i had read the whole page. There is no doubt that it is a costly affair. There is nothing mentioned about the existing subscriber who want to avail this plan:redface:

I was waiting for prepaid broadband for months. I was expecting something like below:
Top-up Bandwidth recharge voucher for existing subscriber like home 250 plan user can increase their bandwidth quota from 1 GB to 5,10 or may be 20 GB by recharging through top-up card from 500 to may 2000 Rs.

I was totally disappointed after reading the plan detail on the BSNL web site.
A true pre paid broadband like a mobile top-up card is still a mirage in India.

well these are not really topup plans. they are independent prepaid plans. i guess you dont need to have a bsnl landline for these plans. you just buy a voucher and use those to connect. 😕 using any BSNL landline provided it has the broadband connectivity? seems like a complicated affair.

currently there are four types of broadband access available in India1. ADSL+ AKA landline broadband 2. EVDO (CDMA Access) 3. WIMAX (Extremely Costly)4. 3G Services (limited to mobile browsing)So I think the prepaid broadband is only for ADSL technology so in order to use it you must have a landline connection with ADSL activated on it. Not all the telephone connection are ADSL activated. By activated i mean that the BSNL guys at the exchange have to manually connect the telephone line jumper to the ADSL Hubs. So there is no thing like you scratch the card and write the username and password on the connection dialog box and press connect and Bingo!!!!! you are connected to the internet. :wall:You have to inform at your local exchange so that they can activate ADSL on our connection and this process can take from two hours to two days depending on how generous are the exchange guys.So in the end i will stick to my previous statement thatTrue Prepaid broadband connection is still a Mirage in India:huh:

sorry but i am little confused.:huh:but what do they mean by 256 Kbps?kilobits/second or kilobytes/second?if kilobytes/second then we hav to run our machines max. to squeez evrybit from it.

BSNL's new Prepaid Broadband plan 1200 is Unlimited with 512KBPS speed!!! and is for All Users!!! and have to pay 1200!!! while in postpaid business users they have to pay Rs. 3300.00!!! for the spee for 256 KBPS !!!!! Canany one had a look at it?? wat an plan Sirjee.....LOL