BSNL launches new FTTH plans with FREE Premium OTT subscription

• Thread starter Thread starter Joyous
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 5,301
ISP
Bsnl
SuperStar Premium-1 & SuperStar Premium-2 are the two newly launched FTTH Broadband plans by BSNL for it’s customers all over India. Premium subscription to BSNL Cinemaplus / Yupp TV Services without any additional cost.

Sony Liv Premium
ZEE5 Premium
VooT Select
Yupp TV Live (NCF Channels)
Yupp TV (FDFS)
Yupp TV Movies
Yupp TV Scope (Aggregator Tech Platform)

The FUP data will be gobbled up in no time and then down to 10 and 5 Mbps which might still be enough but just for a single user may be depending on the usage.

How to upgrade to this plan? I have only SuperStar 1 and 2 in the plan list of Selfcare? Is this the same plan or different one? I checked the details superstar provides Hotstar subscription, so dont want to mess up

The upgrade option is still available, I just upgraded to Superstar 1 a couple of days back with a Hotstar premium subscription, however above mentioned plans are not available in the portal.

Did anyone changed to these new plans through portal?

tatta.jpg

where is the option for SuperStar Premium-1 , 749 plan ?

What is your current plan? If your current plan is above 749/-, you will not see any lower plans, from selfcare you have the option to only upgrade, if you want to downgrade you need to visit BSNL CSC Centre.

I was able to change my plan from Fibre_Values_Plus (849 Rental) to Super_Star_Premium_1 (749 Rental) when I clicked on the offer page. I am not sure where I saw that offer, maybe on Bill or their Sign-In Page. (Btw changing to a lower plan is not available in the self-care portal) It took 24 hours for the change and I did that in the middle of January 2022. Things will be more clear once I get the bill for this month in February. Will Update that here

Last edited:
Hey guys, any idea how long these free OTT subscriptions are free? I am hearing it's just for one year. Is that true?

Enjoy till it lasts 😂. Hotstar Premium plan was to be discontinued long back but still it is available.

ISP and OTT bundled packs are here to stay.

It’s a good business model. Telecom networks bring the viewers so it’s economic sense for OTT players to give good offers to telecom subscribers.