BSNL Kolkata, slow speed at 4MBPS plan

• Thread starter Thread starter debdutta95
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 8,405
in kolkata everyone is moving to cable isps like Alliance, wishnet, pmpl, siti and getnet broadband because the speed is far far better than bsnl. Alliance has the largest customer base among them and also huge peering content on torbox.net. those who still using bsnl in kolkata is doing complete wastage of money because cable isps are now present in every nook and corner areas of kolkata and also in rest of bengal and every cable broadband has that peering facility for torrents. i doubt bsnl babus are aware of these speeds cable isps are providing.....

Totally agree. BSNL is poorly loosing to cable broadbands in terms of service, speed, peering and what not. It took flat 2-3 hrs for cablewalas to install and activate my broadband when I just called them the same day. Whereas I remember BSNL taking at least a week to get my broadband installed and another 3-4 days to activate the connection. Speed is also an issue with BSNL where they struggle to provide even close to 2MBPS, these cable providers are providing much higher speeds at cheap rates.

Now that I will disconnect from BSNL, I know that it will be another pain for me. They will do all sorts of dramas and not easily disconnect my broadband.

Also just wanted to ask, should I only disconnect the broadband and keep the phone line. Because I don't have any utility bill other than BSNL under my name (electricity bill is under my landlord's name). If yes, which landline plan is the cheapest, as I don't use the landline phone.

i thought after modi will come bsnl will improve but nah i was wrong, it became even worser, no good unlimited plans and also night unlimited stopped on limited plans ....

you do the needful from bsnl udaan. i got my bsnl landline on applying on bsnl udaan. sales executive came after a week collected documents and installed phone line in 2days. i didn't have to do anything. plan he gave is 220/month he mentioned some 240free calls and night unlimited from 9pm-7am all local and std to any mobile/landline. i needed the landline as bsnl bill is valid as proof of address at all locations....🙂