• Thread starter Thread starter sundar_milo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 5,030

sundar_milo

Regular
ISP
BSNL
Hey guys , today Dhayanidhi maran has announced the new upcoming Video On Demand(VOD) in BSNL's Dataone.This will be implemented within February. 🙁 Unfortunately, only people in chennai and Mumbai will be able to get VOD at this time.But it will be available in many other cities soon.They also say that cable TV can be viewed through VOD.(Probably Sun TV and DD channels lol)The price of subscription for VOD is unknown yet ,will be announced at the time of start. :huh: So what do u think of it guys ???Do u think it is a scam or it would become popular? 😉 If u would like subscribing VOD what do u think the price will be ? 🙄

Originally posted by sundar_milo@Jan 17 2006, 04:33 PM

If u would like subscribing VOD what do u think the price will be ? 🙄
[snapback]39530[/snapback]
[/quote]

at Rs.1.50 per MB ???? 😀 😀 😀

At RS. 1.50/MB , it would cost about just Rs7000 for ONE Normal DVD quality movie.For High Definitions , probably it would come around Rs.12300 only lol.U just have to be a millionaire to watch one whole day lol.Think not stupid guys.

Originally posted by Suraj@Jan 17 2006, 10:26 PM
BSNL in Mumbai ??
[snapback]39535[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yeah, in mumbai and chennai.They're gonna test whether we stupid people subscribe to this VOD damn or not.Then they will think about VOD in other cities.

mtnl forms had this survey...Would u be intersted if mtnl offered CAble Television? i said no...ppl never listen to me 🙁 (thank satan!)

The cable guy offers some 70 channels at 250 bucks. For only Sun and DD, what would it be worth?

I can get a needle worth Rs.2 instead and steal from neighbour's cable.Y shd i waste Rs.5k pm tat too for DD ! DD is free ppl !

Originally posted by Thor@Jan 17 2006, 11:58 PM
The cable guy offers some 70 channels at 250 bucks. For only Sun and DD, what would it be worth?
[snapback]39545[/snapback]
[/quote]

@ chennai here,,,i tink its bcos of Mr.Maran is @ the post,, n SVC[major cable provider in chennai][also under sun ntwk] is only providing cable TV via set top BOX,,,u know what,,we used to be playin Rs350/month to see all channels but that was np,n FUN..but now i don go near TV..cos now its sikenin ~20channels totally [inc all DD's n all Suns] for Rs100...

bcos of these !@#$%&$*&( we without settop boxex r not able to see even the cricket matches,,,@!$@#%@# DD is not even telecastin indo-pax series NOW.

if VOD is cheap enough fr me to jus watch a full match @ Rs50...it will be a BOON...settopbx with tx/instl charges/@!#!@ =~Rs45000...+dad dosnt want to get it it will be Rs400/month to get all channels or little money--little channels ...

we cryin out here man,,,,,,can u imagine a world without Star....movies/sports...TV dosnt make sense does it..only mom uses it to see some stupid local serials

n u ppl are BOONED to see all @ 250/-

Hey pmontu , dont worry.If they broadcast only DD and some damn stupid tamil channels no one would subscribe VOD.They'll probably offer some good sports and mostly movie channels.Plus , if they offer new movies under Movie On Demand (pay per view) then they would catch some ppl subscribing it.No one would order VOD if the monthly payment goes beyond Rs. 300.Have u guys got any idea about the bandwidth that is used for general VOD under ADSL 2+.I heard around 2.6 Mbps is used for VOD in belgium.For HD viewing more than 6 Mbps is required.BSNL says the maximum d/l speed possible is 24 Mbps ,in which around 20Mbps would be used for VOD and the remaining 4 Mbps is for internet.

i want unlimited internet then i will have ALL VoD that I want! Muwahahahaa! 😀